pads

Perfect_Disaster1712

"i don't know what to do.." luke heard as he held michaels hand. he was walking up to his daughters room when he heard her crying.

they stood outside the door, and had concerned looks on their faces as they listened. luke peeked in to see his daughter on the phone.

"i can't just tell them! it's weird. sometimes i wish i had a mom.." they heard, and luke's face fell as he looked back at michael.

"do they even know what it is? they don't really pay attention to girls that much you know?"

michael squeezed luke's hands, and the younger boy looked back.

"i think i might know what's going on.." michael whispered, and luke furrowed his eye brows.

"i'm just scared. i'm scared to tell them.." she cried, and luke's heart broke for her.

"michael, what's going on?" luke asked softly.

"how do you just tell your dad that you got your period? it's embarrassing.." she sobbed.

luke's eyes widened, and michael rubbed luke's shoulders.

"let's let her come to us. it'll be worse if she knows we heard. let's just go back downstairs." michael said softly, and luke nodded, following him down the stairs.

"michael, what are we gonna do?!" luke asked, sitting on his husbands lap.

"luke, calm down, okay? you've had this thought out for a while now. tell me what we're gonna do." michael said, and luke nodded.

"i've kept a thing of pads for her in the bathroom for a while, and i said on her first period we're gonna eat ice cream, and watch her favorite movie to make her feel better." luke whispered.

"see? you know what you're doing." michael said, and luke shook his head.

"no i don't." luke whined.

"yes you do. you know so much more than i do. this scares me so much too, but remember all of those nights you stayed up researching what to do because you were scared it was coming? we've got this. you've got this."

just in time, their 12 year old daughter came into the living room.

she still had tears on her face, and she looked scared. she looked almost mortified.

"baby, come here." luke said, and she shook her head.

"you're gonna think i'm gross." she cried.

"what's going on?" michael asked.

"i-i-..i got my period." she cried, and luke moved off of michael's lap.

"come here, baby girl." luke whispered, and she ran over, crawling onto his lap. "you are not gross. you're growing up. it's okay. you're okay."

she cried on his shoulder as michael rubbed her back.

"don't be embarrassed, sweetheart." michael whispered.

"what do i do?" she asked, and sat up on luke's lap.

"come here.." luke said, and held her hand, leading her to the bathroom. "...i kept these for you. i didn't know when this would happen, so they've been in here a while. do you know how to use them?"

she nodded, and took the package from him.

"come get me if you need help. and please don't be afraid to ask me any questions. i know it's weird to ask your dads, so i won't be upset if you want to call grandma liz or karen, okay? you can come to any of us, okay?" luke asked, and she smiled a little, nodding.

"okay. i love you, darling. when you're done we can all watch your favorite movie okay?" luke asked, kissing her head.

"okay. thanks dad. i love you." she whispered, and luke smiled, leaving the bathroom.

he shut the door, and sighed, closing his eyes.

"you're doing great. we're gonna be okay." michael whispered.

he kissed luke's head. "i'm proud of you."