grumpy day

little!luke

michael sighed as he walked back into the living room where luke was crying hysterically.

"i wanna go to bed!" luke cried, and michael sighed.

"luke, you get a nap in thirty minutes but you haven't eaten at all today." michael said, and luke shook his head, still crying.

michael groaned softly, and walked into the kitchen, wondering why he even became a caregiver in the first place. this was hard work.

after calming down for a minute, he walked back in, and sat down beside luke. "i think you're gonna go to bed a little earlier tonight? right, luke?"

luke shook his head quickly.

"but you're tired." michael said.

"than let me sleep now." luke whined.

"i'll go get your food, and if you eat, you can take your nap early, okay?" michael said.

he didn't get a response, so he just got up anyway, and walked to the kitchen.

"no!" luke cried when michael sat it down. "i wanted my mickey cup and my princess plate, not my scooby cup and my angelina ballerina plate!"

michael calmly picked it back up. usually, luke would be in trouble for throwing a tantrum, but michael is done arguing with him today.

"sorry, princess."

michael's sarcasm and eye roll made luke's eyes narrow.

"you're a mean daddy." luke said, and michael shook his head, turning back around.

he laid luke's stuff on the table, and huffed, "than get it yourself and take a nap for crying out loud."

luke watched as michael left the room. he knows he made him mad.

luke picked up his sippy cup, and his sandwich, walking in the direction that michael went in.

"daddy, 'm sorry." luke mumbled, crawling up on the bed with michael, snugging into his side.

"no, i'm sorry. i'm supposed to deal with your tantrums. i should have-"

"no. i was being bad. you're not here for me to boss around. i'm a brat sometimes." luke said, and took a bite.

michael smiled as he watched luke drink from his sippy cup and keep his eyes on disney junior playing on the tv in front of them.

he wrapped his arm around luke, and the younger boy looked up at him.

"you're not mean. i love you."

"baby, i love you." michael whispered, and kissed luke's head.

he quickly reminded of just why he became a caregiver. he deals with the tantrums, and tears, and stubbornness because there's even more little kisses, and giggles, and love.