sensitivity

michael looked back at luke as they walked through a crowded party.

he was surrounded by models and top celebrities but luke was still the prettiest person in the room to michael.

"you look beautiful." michael whispered in luke's ear after leaving over to him.

luke smiled, and watched as michael continued to walk.

he walked quickly over to michael, and locked their pinkies together.

michael snatched his hand away, and turned around, looking at luke.

"we're not out, luke. stop that." michael whispered.

"i- i just thought- i- but you've been whispering in my ear all night and you said i look beautiful. i thought you were-"

"yeah i spoke to you. i didn't grab your hand or anything. i didn't make it completely obvious!" michael whisper yelled, and luke looked down.

"i wanna hold your hand." he said quietly.

"you should've made sure it was okay, luke!" michael hissed, and luke nodded, and peeked up as michael walked off.

he ran over to him and held onto him arm, but quickly letting go. "sorry. can i just go wait in the car?"

michael looked down, and saw tears falling from luke's blue eyes.

"hey, i didn't want to make you cry.." michael whispered, and luke just wiped his eyes.

"please can i just have the keys?" luke asked, and michael nodded, handing luke his lanyard.

he felt awful as luke rushed out of the building, keeping his head down so nobody would see his tears.

he sighed, and followed luke, getting to the car after luke to give him a little time to calm down on his own.

he climbed into the drivers seat, and started the car, pulling out of the parking lot.

once they were on the street, he looked over and saw luke nervously playing with his hands.

"i'm sorry, michael.." he whispered.

"don't say you're sorry for anything. i'm sorry for speaking to you like that. you didn't deserve it. you are okay. i messed up." michael said, and reached over, taking luke's hand in his.

"i just like holding your hand." luke whispered. "sometimes i forget that people don't know we're together because all i can think about is how bad i want to hold your hand."

michael leaned over once they pulled to a stop light, and kissed luke's head.

"i love you sweetheart. i love you so much."