nice list

little!luke

michael smiled sleepily when he walked into the room and saw luke sitting up in the bed.

"sweetheart, you've got to go to sleep." michael lightly laughed, and luke looked up.

"but santa's coming and ive never seen a reindeer fly before." luke said softly, and michael sighed, walking over to the bed.

he sat beside luke, and played with the hem of his red pajama shirt.

"well, santa's not gonna come here until you go to sleep. you know that right?" michael said, and luke nodded.

"do you think he will even show up?" luke asked, and michael furrowed his eyebrows when he saw tears in luke's eyes.

"what? why wouldn't he, baby? don't cry." michael said, holding luke's cheek, running his thumb under his boyfriends eye.

"because- because i argue with you, and i do things when you tell me not to. like- sometimes you'll tell me to not eat another cupcake after dinner, but i do it anyway, and- and sometimes when i'm mad at you, i'll make faces at you when you walk away, and i'm sorry, but i just get mad- what if he put me on the naughty list?" luke cried, big tears falling from his blue eyes.

"no, baby. i know you're on the nice list." michael said, and luke looked up quickly.

"how do you know that?!" luke asked.

"because i bet santa knows that you helped me decorate the tree, and put up lights even when you wanted to go play. you help me cook all the time, and you behave more than you misbehave. you're so nice, baby. everyone messes up, and santa knows that, okay?" michael said, and luke nodded, smiling a little.

"now, come on..." michael said, and pulled luke to lay down with him. "...let's get you to bed."

luke smiled, and snuggled into michael's chest, closing his eyes immediately.

"i love you." luke whispered.

"baby, i love you too."

michael ran his hand through the blonde hair on luke's head as the younger boy tried falling asleep.

"santa's gonna leave a big present right?" luke asked.

"he's gonna leave exactly what you asked him to. remember when you write him that letter and asked him for all of those toys you want?"

"yeah. you think he's gonna bring them all?"

"i know he will, but you have to fall asleep first." michael said softly, and luke nodded.

"goodnight daddy."

"goodnight baby."