happy michael

*tw: mentions suicidal thoughts

"hey, baby.." luke whispered as he walked into the bedroom.

"hey, luke.." michael said, and lightly smiled.

luke jumped onto the bed, and laid beside michael, propped up on his elbow while michael laid on the pillow.

"you okay?" luke asked sweetly, running a hand through michael's hair.

"yeah. 'm okay." michael mumbled, closing his eyes a little more.

"are you sure? you've been in a weird mood for a few days. i can't tell if you're sad or mad or what.." luke said quietly.

he didn't like it when michael wasn't happy.

"i forgot to order my medicine and i've just been out of it. i'm so used to taking it that my depression is worse when i skip a few days. has it really been that noticeable?" michael laughed softly.

"well yeah considering your sex drive went from 100 to 0 in just a day. i haven't heard one of your signature dirty jokes in a while." luke giggled, and michael smiled a little, his hand trailing up luke's shirt to trace over the skin on his hip bone.

michael leaned over and pressed his lips to luke's shoulder.

"hey, i love you.." luke said softly, holding onto michael as the older boy sat up and hugged him.

"i don't know what i would do without you." michael whispered against luke's shoulder. "i love you."

luke smiled and leaned his head on michael's. he ran his hand through michaels hair, and held him tight.

"when i say this, you're gonna get worried, but just listen, okay? it's not what you think at first.." michael said, and laid down. luke sat criss cross beside his body, and held his hand.

"okay.." luke whispered.

"before you came in here, i was thinking about dying. i was thinking about how pointless my life is, and how i just have to live a life i hate until i just die, and how i could just end it myself. just get it over with. i'm not gonna kill myself, that's not what i'm saying, but i was just thinking about this endless routine i'm living until i just die.." he said quietly, and luke frowned.

"michael.." luke whispered.

"...but when you came in here, it was like all of that went away, and it finally felt like i had a reason to be alive, you know? you make me feel happy, and you make me have confidence in myself, and you make me want to get up every morning just to see you smile because you're so beautiful and i'm so in love with you."

luke bit on his fist, trying to hide a smile, and hold back the happy tears in his eyes.

"you're in love with me?" luke asked.

luke and michael tell each other 'i love you' all the time, but there was just something about coming to the realization that you're in love with a person.

"yeah, i am. i never thought i could love someone the way i love you. i didn't think i would ever care enough, but you changed all of that." michael whispered.

"i'm in love with you too." luke giggled, and michael smiled brightly, pulling luke down into a hug.

luke kept giggling, unable to contain the amount of happiness he was feeling.

"you make me a happy michael."