skates

babybearmuke thank you for this idea

-

luke smiled as he saw michael walk into the crowded diner. the walls were bright pink, and everything was 60s themed, and michael just looked so pretty to luke.

"no, charlie. i've got this one." luke said, quickly tying his skates on.

he stood up, and rolled over to where michael was sitting.

"hi, how may i help you?" luke asked and smiled as he leaned against the table.

"nice to see you again, luke." michael said, making luke smile even bigger.

"what do you want to eat?" luke asked, getting out his ticket pad.

"you." michael mumbled, earning a slap on the arm from luke. "just a grilled cheese, and make yourself one too because i know for a fact that your break started three minutes ago." michael
said, and luke smiled, writing it down, and hanging it on the order chart.

luke sat across from michael in the booth, and quickly took his skates off. they hurt and he can barely balance on them anyway.

"how have you been?" michael asked, and luke shrugged.

"the tip jar is a little dry, and i need a new pair of shoes, and food in my refrigerator. other than that, i'd say i'm surviving." luke said which caused michael to laugh at him a little bit.

"well, how about this- i take you out to dinner tonight and you won't have to worry about what's in your fridge?" michael suggested.

luke blushed a deep red as he played with the corner of the napkin dispenser

"i'd love to. i get off of work at 7." luke told him, and michael nudged his leg against luke's

"i can't wait."

luke smiled, and looked down at the table.

"i knew there was a reason that you're my favorite customer." luke told him.

"aw, i'm your favorite?" michael asked, placing his chin in his hands, cooing at luke. 

"of course you are."

luke looked up when their food was brought to the table.

"two grilled cheeses, and one milkshake with two straws." luke's boss said, setting the stuff down.

"stacy, we didn't order a-"

"it's all on me." she said and winked at luke.

luke smiled and blushed as she rolled away.

"she's nice." michael said, and luke nodded.

michael pulled the paper off of luke's straw, and pushed it onto the milkshake.

they both leaned forward at the same time, and took a sip of the milkshake. they looked up to meet each others eyes causing them both to start laughing.

"you're so cute." michael laughed, and luke blushed for the four hundredth time today.

"i don't know. we might just have to call dinner our 2nd date, because this is really feeling like a 1st date to me."