just a game

Luke stood beside Michael, holding onto his sleeve.

The blonde boy was quiet as the last few seconds on the clock ticked down. There was 30 seconds left in the super bowl, and the teams were tied.

Luke didn't understand football. He didn't understand most things. He was always a little ditzy. He wasn't dumb at all. He was just a little slow. He stayed by Michael as all of the men in their house stood around the tv, dead silent, just waiting.

Luke was really hoping that Michael's favorite team one. The older boy promised him that if his team won, he'd give Luke a night neither of them would be able to forget. He just really wanted to be close to Michael.

He felt Michael stand up straight and all of a sudden, the guys started yelling, smiles covering their faces.

Luke smiled also, and felt Michael's arm tug away.

Luke looked up and his eyes widened seeing Michael's lips on another guys, his hand on another guys face, and his arm wrapped around another guys waist.

They pulled back, and everyone was cheering except for Luke.

Luke felt his eyes fill up with tears as he continued holding onto Michael's sleeve.

"Michael?" Luke asked, and the older boy turned, his face dropping as he saw Luke's pitiful face. "Michael, I don't understand... Why... Why did you kiss him? I'm the only one that you're supposed to kiss."

A single tear shot down Luke's face, but that was followed by many more.

Seeing Luke cry broke Michael's heart every time. Usually Luke would just cry over a movie or something, but today, Michael caused this.

He hurt Luke.

"Babe, it was just a dare. It's just a game, I swear." Michael said, and Luke pulled his arm away from Michael's sleeve, and chewed on his own shirt sleeve.

"If it's just a game, I guess that makes me the loser." Luke whispered, and walked through everyone and ran upstairs.

Luke ran into their room, and sat on the floor with his back to the bed. He hugged his knees to his chest, and let silent tears fall from his eyes.

"Baby..." Michael whispered, and shut the door behind him as he walked into the room. "...listen, the guys dared me and Alex to kiss if we won, okay? Our team was ranked lower than the other- I didn't think we'd have to. I'm sorry."

"You're such a dick.." Luke whispered, and Michael sat beside him.

"Luke, it didn't mean anything."

"Yes it did. It mean something when I turned around and saw you kissing somebody else. It meant something when I could literally feel my heart hurting so bad. I still can feel it, and it still means something." Luke cried.

Michael threw his arm around Luke, and the blonde boy laid on his shoulder despite how upset he was.

"I'm sorry I did that to you." Michael whispered.

"You should be! I was waiting for you to kiss me, but instead I stood there looking like an idiot while you kissed another boy. You should've at least told me what the dare was before I had to figure it out on my own. Even then I wouldn't like for you to kiss anyone else, but at least it wouldn't hurt as bad." Luke said softly.

"I didn't mean to hurt you this bad. I didn't mean to hurt you at all." Michael told him, and ran a hand gently through his hair.

"Well, you did." Luke said, crossing his arms.

"You know I love you more than anyone in the whole world, right?" Michael said, and Luke nodded. "Well, I'm sorry for not telling you, and I'm sorry I hurt you. I shouldn't have done something so stupid. I wasn't thinking of what it would do to you, and I should've. I was selfish to accept that dare, and I hope you can forgive me. Luke, I promise you, it will never happen again."

"It shouldn't have happened in the first place, but I still love you." Luke whispered.

"I understand if you're still upset. You have every right to be. I'm sorry, and I love you." Michael whispered, standing up with Luke.

Luke quickly hugged Michael, holding on tight. He laid his head on the older boys shoulder, and allowed himself to cry a little more.

"Please don't ever kiss anyone besides me ever again. I want to be the only one who can say they're allowed to kiss Michael Clifford. You're mine, okay?" Luke cried.

"Of course." Michael whispered, holding Luke tighter than he ever had before.