just mean

"get out of my way." luke muttered, shoving past michael in the hallway of the house.

the older boy scoffed, and turned to glare at luke a little bit. his eyebrows were furrowed, and the younger boy glared back at him.

"what?!" luke spat.

"why are you so mean all of the time?" michael asked, and luke just rolled his eyes.

"really luke? honestly why are you such an awful person to just me?" michael asked, but luke didn't respond to him. he just crossed his arms, and kept his face looking angry.

"what? did mommy not hug you enough when you were little?" michael asked, in a baby voice, and he could tell he was just pissing luke off further.

luke turned and stomped into a room, leaving michael in the hallway.

the older boy followed him, and pushed his back roughly against the wall when he entered the room.

"tell me why you're such a douche to me." michael said, and luke's eyes filled with angry tears, his arms remaining crossed.

he shook his head, and michael's attitude got softer as he saw a tear fall out of luke's eye.

"luke.." michael sighed.

"my parents hate me because i'm gay..." luke whispered, and michael frowned when luke looked up at him. "...and you're the reason i found out i was gay."

michael's face fell a little. he stayed close to look, looking at his now vulnerable face.

"luke, what are you talking about?" michael asked, and another tear fell out of luke's eye.

"i'm sorry i'm so mean to you..." he whispered.

"luke, just tell me what's going on." michael said softly.

"no. i shouldn't have said anything to you." he muttered, and tried pushing away from michael, but the older boy wouldn't let him go.

"i'm the reason you found out you're gay?" he asked, and luke hid his face behind his hands.

"luke, i like you, okay? i think you are so beautiful. even your attitude is beautiful even though it's a pain in the ass. don't be scared. just tell me you like me too." michael whispered, and luke peeked up at him.

"you don't mean that." luke said, and michael smiled.

"luke, i promise you, i am telling you the truth." michael said, and slowly took luke's hands away from his face. "just tell me you like me too."

"i love you."

michael smiled, and that made luke smile too. "why do you like me? i've been awful to you."

"i can't explain it."

luke reached up, and ran his hand through the back of michael's hair. he looked up at michael, and it was like something snapped, and luke just started bawling.

"baby, tell me what's wrong." michael whispered, holding luke's head to his shoulder.

"i've just been so unhappy. every night i just laid there and wished you were beside me, but then i would get up in the morning and act like i hated you. i can't believe this is real." luke said, calming down a little bit.

"michael, you make me happier than you could ever know."