confide

"luke?" michael asked softly as he walked into luke's room.

"yeah, what's up?" luke asked, not bothering to look away from his guitar.

michael felt lame for what he was about to say. out of the two, michael was definitely the most dominant in their relationship, so sometimes he was uncomfortable being vulnerable.

luke looked up when michael didn't respond, and furrowed his eyebrows. luke slid his guitar across his black jeans, onto the floor beside his bed gently.

"michael, what's wrong?" luke asked, and michael obviously wanted to say something, but instead he just gripped onto his other fist. he was having a hard time finding the words he wanted to say.

"need a hug?" luke asked, and michael nodded, walking over to luke's bed, and crawling in beside him. his arms wrapped around luke's waist as he laid his head on the younger boys shoulder. luke hugged michael's shoulders tightly, waiting patiently for michael to speak.

"you make me happy." michael whispered, and luke smiled, running his hand through his boyfriends hair, staying quiet.

"i know this past week i've snapped at you a lot, and i haven't appreciated you like i should. i'm sorry. my anxiety has been really bad, and right now i just need you, okay? i'm sorry i've been pushing you away, and taking all of this out on you. you don't deserve that, and i don't even deserve to be laying here with you, but please don't let me go, luke." michael cried, and luke held onto michael tighter.

"i've got you, mikey." luke mumbled, letting michaels tears soak into his shirt.

"i love you." michael told him, gripping onto his shirt.

"i love you, michael." luke said softly, kissing the top of his head. "i don't want you to feel uncomfortable talking to me about what's going on, okay? i'm here for you. always."

"thank you." michael cried, and tried wiping his eyes. "i'm sorry.." he nervously laughed.

"hey- stop it. you can cry. it's okay." luke said, and michael smiled, laying back against luke's shoulder.

"it just sucks. i don't want to have to feel like this, you know?" michael mumbled.

"i know, but you always get through it because you are so strong." luke told him, playing with his hair.

"you help." michael said, and luke smiled a little.

"how?" luke asked, nuzzling his stubbly jaw against michael's hair.

"you're just always there. you don't have to do anything. if i just look at you i feel better." michael told him, and traced shapes against his hip bone.

he rolled over on top of luke and placed quick kisses all over the younger boys face. luke giggled like a girl despite his tough look on the outside.

"that tickles!" luke laughed as michael pecked different spots in his neck repeatedly.

his last kiss landed on luke's lips before he smiled down at the blonde boy.

"i love you."

"i love you too. are you feeling better?" luke asked, his hand on michael's cheek.

"a lot better."