pouty

little!luke

"but you promised you would watch brave with me! you said if i was a good boy than we could watch it tonight!" luke whined, and michael sighed.

"i know, baby, but it's the super bowl. come on.." michael said, even though luke barely even knew what the super bowl was.

"but you said we would watch it tonight! not tomorrow. not the next day. tonight!" luke said, and michael looked back at him.

"baby, i didn't realize what i was saying, okay? we can watch it any other day, alright?" michael said, and luke shook his head.

"no! all day i stayed quiet while you were talking to someone at the store, and i- i didn't touch all of the glass things at the mall even though i wanted to, and i buckled up without you having to tell me- and i've been so good today." luke whined, and stomped his feet.

"luke, don't you dare throw a fit." michael said, and luke frowned.

"but-"

"no buts! i said no, luke." michael said firmly.

"but before you said-"

"luke, if you're going to continue arguing, you can go to your room." michael said, and luke opened his mouth to say something, but michael cut him off.

"do you understand?" he snapped.

luke nodded, and just stood in the doorway of the living room. he looked down at his sock covered feet, and gently slid one across the hardwood floor.

"i just don't know why i'm in trouble now when you're the one who broke your promise.." luke mumbled, and turned around, walking from the living room.

luke felt tears poke at his eyes as he walked upstairs to the bonus room. he was angry at michael, but he was sad too.

he sat on the couch, and unpaused the movie, holding his stuffed bear to his chest. he wishes michael was here.

luke pulled up his blanket and let his tears soak into it as he quietly watched his favorite movie.

luke couldn't focus on the movie. he just didn't understand why michael got mad at him. he turned, facing the back of the couch as he just quietly cried. he hates it when michael's mad.

he hates it when michael breaks a promise too. he was really looking forward to being with michael tonight.

"hey, sweetheart?" he heard, but he wasn't going to turn around.

he heard michael sigh, but not in annoyance this time.

"baby, i'm sorry." michael said, but luke didn't say a thing.

michael sat on the edge of the couch in front of luke's legs, and looked at the tv.

"luke, look. she's following the little ghost things!" michael said, knowing luke loves the little blue spirits in the movie. he always said they were so pretty.

"they're called wisps..." luke spat, not turning to look at michael. "...you would know that if you would've kept your promise and watched the movie with me."

michael frowned, and looked at luke.

"baby, i'm really sorry..." michael whispered, and placed his hand on luke's leg. "...i made you a promise, and i should've kept it. you were really good for me today, and you deserve whatever you want. i'm really sorry."

luke sat up, and kept his head down as he crawled onto michael's lap.

"you got mad at me." luke said softly, laying on michael's shoulder.

"i know, and i shouldn't have. i was wrong. i'm sorry." michael whispered, rubbing luke's back.

luke hugged michael and just let the older boy hold him for a little bit.

"will you watch a movie with me tomorrow? i'm sleepy now." luke said, and michael nodded.

"of course. you deserve the world, luke hemmings."