tiny

little!luke
daddy!michael

i've never really written any one shots involving an actual little/daddy relationship, so i hope i don't get anything wrong lol

-

luke held his spiderman blanket up to his chin as he walked down the dark hallway.

he made his way to the door of michael's office and silently twisted the doorknob. he sighed when he realized it was locked.

"daddy?" he asked softly, not wanting to interrupt michael too much.

"luke? i told you i'm working." michael said from inside the room.

"i'm all by myself. can i just come sit in there with you?" luke asked.

"no, luke i have to get this done, and i can't get distracted." michael called.

"i'm hungry." luke whined.

"luke, we already ate dinner. you don't need anything else-"

"please?" luke asked, and michael could hear him stomping his feet, but he didn't want to punish luke for his little tantrum right now.

"luke, no! go to bed." michael said sternly.

"i don't wanna. i want you to hold me." luke's eyes filled with tears as he talked through the door. "you've been in there for 3 hours and 13 minutes."

michael sighed and stood up, walking to the door. he knows luke has separation anxiety even when michael's only in the other room. he's left luke alone for longer than he ever has before.

when michael opened the door, luke hugged onto him tightly.

the younger boy quickly loosened his arms, and backed up, holding his blanket tightly.

"am i in trouble? why is the door locked?" luke's asked, little tears spilling from his eyes.

"baby, i-"

"you promised me you would never lock me out! it's on my red list which means you can't do that!" luke cried, wiping his eyes furiously.

luke associates a locked door with isolation. he doest always have to be right beside michael, but knowing his is able to get to michael makes him feel safe.

"baby, i'm sorry." michael whispered, picking luke's blanket up. he wrapped it around the younger boys shoulders as he sobbed.

michael took a few minutes and just held him. "hey, it's okay, daddy is sorry. i have you, now. i'm right here, and i'm not going anywhere."

luke clutched onto michael's shirt as if he were trying to make sure michael couldn't get away.

"here, come on. what if i get you some animal crackers and give you cuddles?" michael asked, and luke sniffled, looking up pitifully at michael.

"i love you, princess. you're not in trouble. i didn't mean to." michael assured him.

"love you." luke mumbled, leaning on michael's chest again.

"let's go.." michael told him, walking back down the hall to the living room. he grabbed a pack of animal crackers on the way there, and laid on the couch with luke.

luke laid against michael's chest, and felt himself calm down as the older boy pressed kisses to his forehead. he kept his eyes focused on the big tv that way playing sofia the first, even as michael whispered in his ear.

"i promise i'm never gonna shut you out on purpose, baby. you're safe."