sky

living for little!luke recently

-

luke knocked on the door of michael's at-home office, and smiled as he skipped inside.

"hey baby, did you come to do your work?" michael asked, and luke nodded, sitting at the desk beside michael.

he sat his play cash register on the table, and michael smiled a little, but continued to do his own online work.

luke pressed buttons, and hummed as michael typed on his computer.

"just made another sale," michael said, and luke hit the green button on his cash register. it made a 'cha-ching' sound, making michael laugh a little.

"good job, daddy." luke said, and they fist-bumped. luke's smaller fingers pressed to michael's, and the older man laughed as they pulled their hands back.

"couldn't do it without you." michael told him, making luke smile.

luke felt a little nervous as he listened to the soft rumbles of thunder outside the window. it wasn't anything big, so he didn't mind much though.

"since i'm helping you, does that mean i get paid too?" luke asked, and michael playfully rolled his eyes, looking over at luke.

"every single penny i make is spent on you. how do you think you get all of those pretty little outfits?" michael asked, and luke giggled, kissing michael's nose.

luke kept typing away on his cash register as michael quietly did his work.

the thunder became louder, and luke wanted michael to hold him, but he looked really busy.

luke scooted closer, and placed his hand on michael's arm.

luke jumped a little when he heard a cracking sound outside the window. the storm had picked up quickly.

"daddy?" luke whimpered, his lips trembling.

michael looked back at luke's big, blue, tear filled eyes, and his heart immediately melted.

"the storm?" michael asked.

"i'm scared." luke cried.

"baby.." michael whispered, and picked luke's blanket up off of his lap. he wrapped it around luke's shoulders, and picked the younger boy up. "...don't be scared. i'm right here."

luke sat on michael's lap like a baby. his head was resting on the older boys shoulder and his legs were laying across michael's lap.

"i don't like it when it thunders outside," luke cried, and michael wiped his little tears.

"i know, sweetheart, but it's just noise, okay? you're gonna be alright." michael said, and luke sniffled.

"okay, but why does it have to storm?" luke said, peeking at the rain outside.

"everyone gets sad right? you get sad sometimes, and sometimes i'll get sad.." michael said, and luke nodded. "...well, sometimes the sky gets sad too."

"i want the sky to be happy." luke whispered.

"than you've just gotta let it cry for a little bit. it'll be happy tomorrow."

"you think so?" luke asked softly.

"yeah. after all, the sky can't be sad forever."