secured

luke's mouth hung open as he laid against michael's shoulder. michael ran his hand in slow circles against luke's bum because for some reason, the younger boy just liked that when he was falling asleep. it somehow relaxes him.

"i love you more than anything in the world, baby," michael whispered. luke's eyes were dropping shut, but he just couldn't seem to fall asleep completely. he's always had trouble falling asleep, but michael helps him so much.

luke sat up a little, and michael looked up at him.

"everything okay?" he asked softly.

"yes.. i don't want my shirt on though. it's not soft." luke said, and pouted.

michael giggled at luke's sleepy-talk, and pulled the younger boys shirt over his head, leaving him in a pair of boxers.

"thanks, mikey.." luke mumbled with his eyes closed before he laid back down on michael's chest, this time with his head snuggled in the older boys neck.

michael rubbed luke's bare back underneath the fuzzy blanket, and pressed a kiss to his head.

"i think my eyes are going to sleep soon.." luke mumbled, and smiled smiled, running his thumb over luke's stubble.

"that's okay, sweetheart."

"no. i don't want to because..." luke's words drifted off for a second. "...because i like listening to you talk to me."

michael could tell luke was so close to sleeping.

"why's that?"

"because you tell me you love me and you tell me i'm pretty."

"baby, i do that all the time." michael laughed.

"yeah, but it's different. you make me feel safe when you hold me, and then you say those things- and- and it's just perfect." luke mumbled.

michael smiled, and ran his fingers through luke's hair.

michael knew luke was asleep when luke's body fell limp.

"goodnight, beautiful."