hush baby

at this point i need to just make a book of muke as parents oneshots

-

luke groaned as he heard the baby squealing from the nursery.

"michael it's your turn." luke said, and pushed michael's back a little bit as he fought sleep.

"no it's not i went last time." michael groaned.

"okay but i had to work all day and i'm so sleepy.." luke whined.

"luke-"

"michael, please." luke whispered.

michael groaned, and stood up.

"this is irritating." michael spat.

"what? our kid crying?" luke asked.

"no. you. michael i'm tired i can't. i worked for two hours today i can't. it's annoying."

"okay, stop." luke said, rolling over on the bed so his back was to michael.

"you know it's true." michael said, and luke stood up.

"just forget it. i'll do it." luke muttered.

"no, just go back to bed." michael said, and luke pushed past him.

michael held luke's arm.

"seriously, luke. just go back to sleep." michael said.

luke could tell michael was irritated, but he didn't care. he ripped his arm from michael, and walked back into the room, climbing on the bed.

luke lightly smiled as he saw michael walk into the room with the baby crying in his arms.

"i'm not good at this yet." he whispered, and luke took the baby as michael sat down beside him.

michael wrapped an arm around luke's shoulders, and snuggled close as the baby calmed down just from luke's touch.

their arguments would usually go like this. they would get at each others throats, let the sleep deprivation ware off, and then remember that they're on the same team.

"i think it's really cool how he can just look at you and calm down. i do the same thing. you always make me feel better." michael whispered, making luke smile.

"sorry for snapping at you." michael told him, kissing his cheek.

"it's alright. i know how it is. eventually we will catch up on our sleep, and be back to normal." luke whispered, laying on michael's shoulder.

"what do you say we drop him off at my moms house tomorrow and take a weekend to just relax for a while? she's been dying to babysit and as much as i hate to see him go, i think we need it." michael said quietly.

"i would love that." luke mumbled, snuggling into michael's shoulder.

michael leaned down and pressed a kiss to luke's head as he rubbed his arm.

he smiled a little as he looked down at his babies.

"i love you."