candlelight

youreahugedontstop thank you for the idea

-

"luke!" michael yelled after the power went off in their house.

"michael, where are you?!" luke asked, turning on the flashlight from his phone.

"the bedroom!" michael shouted back, and luke quickly but carefully made his way to their shared room.

they've never had a power outage, but michael had expressed before how anxious he gets when the power goes out, and he doesn't have the ability to turn the light on.

"you okay?" luke asked, and walked over to the bedside table to light a candle.

"no." michael whimpered.

"mikey..." luke pouted, and laid down beside his older boyfriend.

michael scooted over, and laid down on luke's chest.

"is this okay?" michael asked. luke was used to laying on michael's chest, and feeling protected. he doesnt hold michael like this too much because the older boy insists on cuddling luke close to him.

"of course it is. you're okay." luke said softly, running a hand through michael's hair.

"i'm sorry. i just get a little scared when the power goes out." michael said softly.

"don't apologize. i'm scared of everything under the sun, so you have to do this a lot. it makes me feel good that i can make you feel safe." luke whispered.

michael pressed a kiss to luke's forehead shoulder, and ran a hand up his sweater.

"you're an angel." michael mumbled softly, and luke smiled, looking down at him in the dim candlelight.

"i love you, michael." luke whispered.

"aw, sweetheart, i love you." michael said and scooted up, tucking his head into luke's neck.

"kiss me." luke mumbled.

michael looked up, and kissed luke softly. he pulled back, and luke whined.

"no, i'm not done with you just yet." luke laughed, and held michael's jaw as he kissed him again.

michael ran his hand over the skin under luke's sweater, and kissed luke's sweet lips. they moved in sync for a few seconds before michael's tongue found its way to luke's.

luke separated his lips a little, letting michael kiss him. he gripped onto michael's hair, and pushed his tongue against michael's.

"baby.." michael whispered, pecking luke's lips a few more times.

"i'm so in love with you."