drive

little!luke

-

"let me drive, daddy." luke said, and michael looked over at luke who was cuddled up in the passenger seat.

"hey, sweetheart. did you just wake up?"

"yeah and i'm ready to drive."

they were on their way back from vacation, and they still had a few more hours until they would be home. it was about 3:30 a.m. and nobody was on the small road.

"alright... get over here." michael said, and stopped the car before scooting his seat back a little.

luke sat on michael's lap, and put his hands on the steering wheel, but his feet stayed on the floor. michael held onto the bottom of the wheel just in case.

"ready?" he asked, and luke nodded, so michael took his foot off of the brake.

luke giggled, and watched in amazement as he looked out of the windshield from the drivers side.

"you're doing so good, sweetheart.." michael whispered, pressing a quick kiss to luke's shoulder before looking back up at the road.

michael smiled at how luke was getting so excited over something most people do everyday. michael didn't want luke to get his license because he knows when luke gets into his headspace, he finds it hard to focus on one thing sometimes.

michael stepped on the brake as they came to a turn.

"okay. we're gonna turn to the right here, okay? do you think you can do that?" michael asked.

luke brought up his hands in front of him, checking to see which one made an 'L' so he would know which direction to turn.

"yeah. i can do it."

luke held the wheel, and michael let off of the brakes, smiling as luke complete the turn, taking his hands off of the wheel to clap for himself.

"i did it!"

"you did so great." michael laughed, holding luke's waist.

luke smiled, and leaned down on michael's chest and stretched before he climbed back over to his seat.

"i did so good." luke yawned, leaning against the middle compartment.

michael rested his hand on luke's head, and softly ran his hand through the blonde hair as his storable boyfriend fell back to sleep.