sides

thank you for the request grxngecal14

-

"hey, dad 1." luke's little boy said as he came into the kitchen.

"hey, baby. what are you doing?" luke asked as the six year old hopped up onto the barstool.

"nothing. what are you doing?" he asked, leaning his head on his hand.

"cooking. do you wanna help?" luke asked, and the little boy nodded, sitting on the counter.

luke smiled at the outfit the little boy had picked out. he wore grey shorts with his converse, and a light pink collared shirt.

"i like your pink shirt today, carson."

"it's samon."

"ooh- i'm sorry. i like your samon shirt." luke laughed, and handed him a bowl to stir.

the little boy stirred quietly and listened to ed sheeran with luke as they cooked in peace.

"do you think we can go to the library this week?" he asked, and luke smiled at his extremely smart son.

"of course we can, but only if you'll help me find something to wear for me and your dads date night this friday." luke said, and the little boy nodded.

"of course i will. that's my favorite thing to do."

their quiet conversation was interrupted when the front door open, and loud steps came running towards the kitchen.

"oh goodness.." the little boy sighed, knowing exactly what was coming next.

"hey dad 1!" a little blonde girl shouted, running over to hug his legs.

"hey sweetheart. what's going on?" luke asked.

"oh nothing. i just helped dad pull weeds out of the garden, and then we found a lizard, and he wasn't scared, but he's gone now, and i helped dad fix his motorcycle.." she breathed as if she were out of breath.

"you're filthy.." the little boy spat, and looked at his five-year-old sister with disgust.

"you're so clean that you sparkle." she said back, glaring at him.

"luke!" they all heard michael's voice yelled.

"here we go.." carson sighed, leaning his elbow against his knee.

"anna helped me fix my motorcycle." he said, and smiled, picking up the little girl.

"i can see that.." luke laughed.

michael turned to look at the counter and saw carson sitting there. "and how is my little book worm?"

carson rolled his eyes a little when he was picked up from his spot. he was so sassy, and full of attitude today.

"i'm good, dad 2."

"what are you so mad about?" michael laughed, noticing carson's distasteful tone.

"you and anna are filthy." he said, and michael laughed, handing carson to luke.

"you are just like your dad 1." michael laughed.

"i don't see how you put up with him, i really don't." carson said, shaking his head.

anna dramatically rolled her eyes at her brother causing luke to crack a smile.

"i'm gonna put a bug in your room while you sleep." she spat.

"no! dad tell her she can't!" carson panicked.

"anna marie, you will not taunt your brother with insects, got it?"

"yeah whatever." she scoffed.

carson got down out of luke's arms, and straightened out his shirt. "i'm gonna go put on my dinner outfit, and then if you two clean up, we can all put on our pajamas and cuddle right?"

"right, baby." michael said, and carson nodded, walking in the direction of his room.

"i'm gonna go get clean so carson doesn't have a heart attack." anna muttered, trudging in the opposite direction.

luke laughed once they both left the kitchen, falling into michael's chest.

"she is just like you." luke laughed, and michael smiled.

"carson is your clone! he's so clean, and always so specific about what he wears. he is exactly like you." michael laughed.

"shut up." luke giggled.

"plus, he is the sassiest kid i know which i know for a fact he gets from you." michael smirked, and grinned.

"they're both so perfect." luke said, hugging michael's waist again.

"i couldn't have asked for anything more."