late talks

"Hey, Mikey?" Luke asked, and turned on his side.

He scooted closer, and laid down beside Michael, his head on his shoulder.

"Michael..." Luke whispered, poking Michael. "...baby, wake up."

He pressed his lips to Michael's, causing the older boy to stir around until his eyes eventually opened.

"What?" He mumbled, pressing his nose into Luke's hair.

"I wanna talk..." Luke mumbled.

"It's 3 in the morning." Michael whispered.

"But I wanna talk. I love talking to you and I miss you." Luke argued, pushing Michael's chest.

The older boy sat up, and pulled over Luke's favorite fuzzy blanket. He wrapped the younger boy in the fabric, and began running his hand through the blonde hair.

"Talk..." Michael muttered.

"I love you so much." Luke mumbled.

"Love you too, sweetheart." Michael mumbled, trying his hardest not to fall asleep while Luke wanted him to stay up.

"I'm thinking I might cook dinner tomorrow. I know we usually just pick something up, but I wanna cook." Luke said, and Michael nodded.

Luke smiled when he saw Michael started drifting off to sleep again. "You're so cute when you're sleepy, Mikey. Did you know that?" Luke said, poking the older boys nose.

"You're really cute when you're asleep, so why don't you close your eyes and count a few sheep or something like that." Michael mumbled.

Luke could tell how bad Michael wanted to go back to sleep.

The younger boy frowned a little, and ran a hand through Michael's hair.

"I can't sleep a lot. I don't really tell you, but every night I wake up and I just stare at the ceiling for hours." Luke said, and Michael peeked his eyes open. "It gets sad. I just lay here and think. I hate thinking."

Michael held Luke's hand, running his thumb over Luke's knuckles.

"I just thought... maybe if I was talking to you, everything would go away. My bad thoughts, my fear, everything, just gone.."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Michael asked, and Luke shrugged.

"I just don't like for you to worry about me." Luke whispered.

"Baby, it's my job to worry about you. Tell me what you think about." Michael said softly, kissing Luke's head.

"I think about what's gonna happen when we're not together anymore because I know that you're gonna want somebody else someday. And I'm not saying that to sound like I'm pitying myself or anything, but it scares me." Luke said softly.

"Luke, no..." Michael whispered, holding Luke's head onto his shoulder. "...I am so in love with you it's not even funny. Don't think like that."

Luke kissed Michael's shoulder, and allowed the older boy to rub his back.

"You know that I love you right, and I'm not going anywhere?" Michael asked, and Luke nodded.

"I love you, Michael." Luke whispered.

"Go to sleep, beautiful."