you look beautiful

thank you geewaylikadapeepee for this request

-

michael frowned as he saw luke reading at an empty table in the cafeteria.

he walked over to his boyfriend and kissed his cheek before he sat down.

"how has your day gone?" michael asked.

"it's been good." luke said, and shrugged, closing his book.

"i brought you a bowl of fruit because i know you like it." michael said, pulling a container of fruit out for luke.

"thank you, but i'm not very hungry." luke said.

michael knew that was a lie.

"oh? what have you had today?" michael asked.

luke looked up quickly, and played with his fingers.

"i had.. i had a apple and-"

"luke, you need to eat something." michael whispered.

"look, i ate last night and i'm trying to just lose a little more and then i'll start eating again i promise." luke sighed.

"no, luke. you're gonna become obsessed with being hungry. eat." michael told him, scooting the bowl over to him.

"michael, i'll be okay. j-"

michael picked up a strawberry on the fork, and held it up. "i know i'm being really pushy, but you are beautiful and i want you to live a long time so i can marry you, but i can't marry you if you're laying in a hospital bed." the goofy tone michael used made luke laugh despite the truthful words that were said.

luke took the strawberry, making michael smile.

"you're so pretty. did you know that?" michael asked, and luke blushed, shaking his head softly as a little frown made its way onto his face.

"luke, stop that.." michael whispered, wrapping an arm around luke's shoulders. "..you are absolutely beautiful, and no amount of eating less is going to make me think of you as more beautiful than you are right now."

luke just shrugged, leaning on michael's shoulder.

"baby, you have to believe me. i want you to take care of yourself, and i want you to see just how pretty you are." michael whispered.

"i'm trying." luke mumbled.

"i know, and i am so proud of you, but i'm worried, luke." michael whispered.

luke frowned when he looked up at michael. he could see that the older boy genuinely cared about him and his well being.

luke hated seeing michael look so sad.

luke lightly smiled, and luke let michael feed him another strawberry.

"you are absolutely beautiful, luke." michael whispered.

luke smiled and took the fork from michael as the older boy talked about the things that happened during his day. michael smiled as he saw luke voluntarily eat the rest of the bowl.

"i'm really proud of you." michael whispered, pressing his forehead to luke's.

"id do anything for you. i know you worry about me all of the time." luke whispered.

"i'm always gonna worry about you because i love you." michael said softly, making luke grin.

"i love you more."