daughters first date - bucky barnes

warnings: bucky being protective????

word count: 623

a/n: I stan the idea of bucky being a dad.

summary: you and bucky have a daughter, and she goes on her first date. and her date is mute btw

today was the day. charlotte, your daughter, was going on her first date. you were so giddy and happy, but bucky on the other hand, was prepared to fight if he needed to. it was programed into his system.

she had a boyfriend for about a week, before they went on a date, josh, who happened to be the boyfriend, like a gentleman, asked her dad first. bucky admired that, but it doesn't mean he was off the hook just yet.

'okay, I have to for warn you, when you go to shake his hand, for the love of God do not shake his left.' you overheard your daughters conversation from the next room over, 'just dont shake his left hand. oh-okay okay ill see you on five.'

'mom!' your daughter calls after you, 'yeah?' she walks in with two shirts in either hand, 'which one?'

in her right, she held an oversized red flannel with a knot in the front, and in her left, she held a fall out boy infinity one high shirt. 'where are you going again?' she rolled her eyes in annoyance, 'mom, I have told you more than once, we are going to go see the shape of water, now which one?!'

you held your hands up in defense, 'okay okay, I say you wear the flannel.' 'thank you!'

she turned around, and in the process bumped into bucky, 'you better wear a shirt tonight.' she then realized she is still in her sports bra and jean shorts, but you all were soon distracted by the doorbell ring.

'shit!' she ran off to her room to finish getting ready for her date, 'language!'

bucky was already making his way towards the door when you ran in front of him, 'no no no, let me!' he stood behind you with his face bunched up, 'why?' you turned your head, as if he didn't need an explanation, 'you will scare the poor boy!'

he couldnt help but roll his eyes as you open the front door, 'josh! such a pleasure to see you again!' he reaches his hand out to shake yours, 'oh please, give me a hug!' you pull him in and give him a warm hug, josh makes eye contact with bucky and is heart starts racing again, something about bucky just made josh shaking in his boots. he could figure out why.

he moves over to bucky, and signs hi mr. barnes, bucky reaches reaches his hand out, out of nervous ness, he reaches out his left hand, and he was soon met with metal, very cold metal, what the heck? he thought to himself.

bucky was so confused, he turned to look at you, 'is he deaf?' he pointed to josh, your eyes to wide, 'no seat, he is mute. he cant talk, but he can hear you.'

he mouthed, oh!, and took his hand back. josh was still very confused about mr. barnes having a metal arm, 'the hand, its a long story. very, very long. one I might even tell you if you treat her ri-' he was cut off by Charlotte saying hi to josh, and giving him a hug, bucky gritted his teeth a little bit.

'well dad, we have to go, the movie starts in thirty minutes' 'okay,' he gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek and hugs her, 'I want her home at 9:30, not around, at, dont hurt her either. you won't like ant I do to you,' you hook your arm around your husbands, 'James, thats enough, bye sweetie, have fun!'

with that they were out the door, and you kissed him on the cheek, 'was that necessary?' he looked down at you, 'yes. it was.'

ok I am super proud of this, I love this idea, this concept, yes.