holland boys blurb

anon: being best friends with haz tom sam and Harry and them forgetting about your birthday and birthday party and just going to the pub without you bc they forgot and when they find out they're flipping out bc you're their best friend and you're upset (they hate when you're upset) and you always do something super nice and special for their birthdays so they feel terrible about it

"hey, this sure does feel weird without y/n here." harry announced, "yeah, why couldn't she come anyways?" tom asked harry from across the booth, "um, I dont know. I texted her about our plans and-shit." harry's face fell immediately, "what?" Harrison said, "y/n's birthday is the eleventh, right? please tell me its the eleventh" he asks the dirty blonde haired boy, "no, its the-" "tenth." they all say together.

"and thats today. we completely forgot." they all sigh, and lean back out of anger and frustration. "what do we do? we cant just say 'hey, sorry we missed your birthday'" sam said.

but they had to try. y/n was their best friend, she was there for all of them when they needed her. and now, they weren't there to return the favor. "hey, its not midnight yet, we could go over and try something." harry suggested, "yeah, but where can we go? its ten thirty at night mate, almost everything is going to be closed." Harrison got up and went to pay the ticket, "almost everything, we have to try. we owe her this."

they went to a local Walgreens, and got everything from the notebook to chapstick, that they thought y/n would need. "hey are we sure about this? I mean, shouldn't we give her time?" harry questioned, "no, how would you feel if sam forgot about your birthday?!" tom asked, but then realized what he had said.

"well, that would be kind of hard since, I dont know-" "we are twins?" tom bit his lip and kept walking up the stairs to her apartment. they knock on the door, and no answer. they knock again, no answer. "come on y/n! open up." Harrison shouts, "ya know, for four guys who are supposed to be y best friends, you are acting pretty shitty right now. you cant even remember that I switched apartments with miss katrowski." she shrugs, and sam runs towards the door, and catches it before she slams it.

"y/n, we are so incredibly sorry. I know, we are the worst people on earth right now, but we want to make it up to you." she makes sweater paws with her cardigan, and looks at the floor. they can tell she is hurt and upset, they hate to see her like this. and they hate that they made her feel this way.

"hey, we will even watch the notebook with you!" Harrison says cheerfully, "we will?" harry asks, a little bit annoyed, and Harrison grips his shoulder tight, "I mean we will!" he says through gritted teeth.

"we even brought you ice cream, but its almost halfway melted so can i put this in the freezer?" she nods, and sam scurries to the kitchen, he finds several packages of Mac and cheese, and an empty wine bottle.

harry took a step towards her, but she stepped back. "y/n-" "no, you cant just come in here and make things better. I have never missed one of your birthdays, one of your recitals, or even one of you plays. never!"

"y/n, darling, we know we messed up. and we feel awful about it. please, just let us make it up to you...please." she couldnt help but look at all of them. she nodded her head, and they all joined in and hugged her. harry kissed her on the cheek, "do I still have to watch the notebook?" harry asked sam quietly, "yes, yes you do."