brad simpson blurb

you never realized how much you had missed brad, until you saw him again. it was well over a year since you both had broken up, and sure, every now and then you would hear one of their songs, and smile.

but it was when you saw him, when you realized that you needed him back in your life. you hadn't talked with him since you had broken up, you both felt it was best.

but oh- you two had so much fun together. you would laugh at the smallest of things, you had missed the random 2 am trips to target, you wanted to go back to when you and brad would drive around the country side all day, and make love all night.

why did we break up again? was the first thing that came to mind when you saw him. out of every single building in New York, he just so happened to be at the target you were at, and he just so happened to need something on the children toy section.

"y/n?" you heard him call, your head snapped his direction, man oh man- did he look good. he had more muscle, his hair was so curly, and his glasses looked so good on him.

"u-uh, hi. brad. what are you doing here?" he smiled, stuffing his hand back in his pocket. "I was looking for the dog toy aisle, for jess. what are you doing here?" you smiled, you missed jess too.

"uh- my sister is pregnant again." you smiled at the ground, and he stepped closer to you. "you, you look good Bradley." you said, refusing to make eye contact. 

"thanks, and so do you, y/n..so how have you been?" you sighed, "ive been good. I got a dog." his face lit up, "really? what kind?" "I got a Rottweiler, she is a real sweetheart." he smiled, "thats nice, it sounds like you have been doing good."

after a few minutes of awkward silence, he spoke up. "well, I better get going. it was good seeing you y/n, im glad you are happy." he stepped away, "brad! uh, I forgot. why did we break up again?"

"you said you needed space." you ran your hand through your hair, "right. uh, sorry to bother you."

"you are never a bother y/n. and if, you still have space in your heart, I will tear this word apart for you." you smiled, remembering the lyrics that you heard on the radio the other day. you had thought tris wrote it about ana, or James for his girlfriend. 

but it was clear who it was about. "do you, ever think about getting back together?" you ask, looking at the ground. his hand took yours, "only all the time. I miss you y/n."

you nodded, looking up at him, staring into his chocolate brown eyes. oh how you missed them. "me too." you pulled him close to you, his hands wrapping around your waist, your lips meeting together, your eyes closing.

he missed you. he missed this. your hands went to his hair, it was just as soft as it was when you last did this. he still tasted the same. he still felt the same. it never changed.

"do you wanna come over later?" his eyes still closed, his mouth formed into a huge smile, "I would love that. same apartment?" you nodded, biting your lip. "meet me there, at six." he kissed you once more, "I'll be there."