its a Texas thing ● tom holland blurb

'its a Texas thing'

pairing: tom holland x texan reader  (is that even a thing??)

you had been dying to show tom your hometown ever since you got engaged. although it was small, it was home. 'so darling, when you say small, how small is your town?' tom asked you, sitting in the passenger seat of your car. 'about five hundred to six hundred people live in it.'

his eyes widen and his huffs, 'that is a small town, wow.'  you chuckled in response.

when you arrived at the motel, you set your bags down, 'I know its not a five star Hollywood hotel like your used to, but its all we got.' he walked over and kissed you, 'its cute, I kinda like it. and I really like the painting of the guy on the horse, in the silly looking hat.' you turned your head to see what he was looking at, 'you mean John Wayne?' he licked his lips and hummed, 'yeah, him.' and put his lips against yours.

'where shall we go first, love?' he asked you, with his head on your stomach and your hands tangled in your hair, 'I was thinking, for now, we could walk around down town, see all the old antique shops, and historical markings, then, for dinner, we could go to Texas road house, sound cool?'

'I think it sounds like an 80′s movie, and I love those.'

you and tom were loving down town, you had stopped in multiple little shops, and tom was laughing at every little thing he saw, 'babe, what animal is this?' he picked up a armadillo salt shaker, 'its an armadillo, pretty popular around here.' and when he saw a tiny cowboy hat, he practically jumped out of his shoes, 'im getting these for Tessa.' 'such a tourist'

when you got to the restaurant, he was so confused. 'why are there peanuts all over the floor.' 'and why is there deer heads and goat heads on the wall' 'is this a satanic place?' you grabbed his face, 'no baby, its a Texas thing.'

when he was looking at the menu, you had to explain to him what the foods were, 'hey y'all, can I get you guys some fried pickles or margaritas to start y'all off tonight?' you looked at tom, who's face was priceless, 'I will take a strawberry margarita, what about you y/n?' still thinking, 'I would take a watermelon one, and can we get fried pickles?' the waitress nodded and wrote down your order.

'fried pickles? that sounds awful.' you chuckled, 'you might like them, have you decided on what you want to eat?'  'hmm, I cant decide on wether I want a loaded gun, or roadkill.' he looked at you with his eyebrows raised, 'loaded gun is a baked potato with all the fixings on it, and road kill is a rib eye with mushrooms, onions, and gravy on it.'

'darling, what are fixings?' you almost spit out your water because you were laughing, 'sour cream, bacon bits, cheese, stuff you put on a baked potato.' he mouthed an oh, and went back to the menu.

'you confuse me sometimes.' 'me?' he hummed and nodded, 'how so?' 'well, its all so, redneck here. but you aren't redneck. but its Texas, and I just so happen to be marrying a lovely person from here, so I better get used to it.' you laughed and grabbed his hand, 'theres nothing to worry about, im not that redneck. just texan baby.'