forgetful ● tom holland

request: ok think this, reader have adhd and is vv forgetful (i am and o have lol), and one day she forgets a date w tom holland and he gets mad, forgetting her issue??? (if you don't wanna do it, it's fine too) -anon

a/n: I changed it up a little bit, I hope thats okay

word count: 1.1k

trigger warnings: mental illness, verbal fighting, cursing, angst, but it ends with fluff!!

when you started dating tom, you made sure that he was aware of you being forgetful. thats what comes with having adhd, your mind is all over the place. you forgot almost everything, a few times your name. and that did make dating hard, but tom loved you dearly. thats why he married you.

when your anniversary came up, tom had everything planned out. he was going to take you to an Italian restaurant, then to a riverwalk, then walking around town. for being in a relationship for a year, he wanted to make it special.

he told you that after work to meet him at the restaurant. he knew there would be a chance of you forgetting, so he set a note on the fridge for you to see. he was so excited for tonight.

you met tom for a quick lunch, he had managed to get today off from filming, you were sad that you couldn't, but tom told you a million times that it was okay.  'so, are you excited for tonight darling?' he said to you from across the table, 'extremely.' was all you could say with your mouth full of salad.

the whole thirty minutes was tom telling your ridiculous stories from set, and you were listening. you checked your phone, and the time rad 12:28 'shit, I gotta go love.' you grabbed your purse and kissed tom, 'see you tonight, bye Tessa!' you said by to both of your favorite people, and went back to work.

tom was counting down the hours until he got to see you, when your dress arrived that he ordered for you, he was so giddy. he hung it up in your closet, and put another sticky note on it saying

wear this tonight my love -Tom

he got dressed in his suit, and drove to the restaurant. he had texted you saying he was on his way, but you didnt see it.

when you got home, you were greeted by a very happy Tessa, and the smell of your favorite candle. 'tom? are you home?' you said aloud, but no answer. 'huh, he probably had to go back to set, I guess being Spiderman is tough work, huh Tessa?'

you changed clothes, missing the sparkling blue dress hanging, and walked back downstairs to turn on Netflix.

hours passed, still no word from tom or you, both of you were worried about one another. just when you were about to turn off the tv and go to bed, you could hear the door open and footsteps. 'tom is that you?' you stood up to walk towards the entrance of your house, 'oh, it is. I was getting worried about where you were.'

he threw his things down on the table, and laughed, 'you were worried, y/n?' he didnt want to make eye contact with you, 'I was! I didnt hear form you, I come home and you aren't here, no texts or calls-wait, why are you in a suit?'

he turns and looks at you, jaw clenched, tears fighting to be set free, hands gripping the back of the chair so hard that his knuckles are turning white, you then realize why he's wearing a suit, you forgot it was your anniversary.

your hand covers your mouth, 'oh no..tom, im so so sorry' he gets close to you, very close, 'you're sorry? tell me why you are sorry y/n, please tell me.' his eyes dont move from yours, his hands are in his pockets, 'tom you know I forget things, you know this.'

he takes your hand, 'let me show you something.' he guides you to the kitchen, to show you the neon yellow note with black letters on it, 'see that? read it.' you hadn't seen this side of tom before, it was scaring you a little bit, 'wha-' 'read it.' tom said firmly.

'see you tonight at seven fifteen, love you, tom.' he then took your hand, walked you up the stairs and into the closet in your bathroom, he showed you the dress, how could I have missed this?

'see that one? read it.' 'wear this tonight my love, tom' your eyes were pooling with tears, your breath hitched when tom set his hand on your shoulder, you didnt realize he could be this way.

'tom I am so sorry, please forgive me.' a smile creeped onto his mouth, 'forgive you? after everything you've done?' 'Thomas please! you know this about me, you know that I forget!'

'you forget all the fucking time y/n! I can live with you forgetting to turn the lights off and you forgetting to close the garage door, but our goddamn anniversary?! that takes the fucking cake! I wanted tonight to be special, to celebrate our one year of marriage, incase you forgot we were married.'

you were curled up onto the floor, your head between your knees, hands in your hair, crying so hard. but tom couldn't hear you because he was too busy yelling out of anger. he didnt even see you curled up.

when he was finished yelling, he looked down at you, seeing you defeated, beat up, broke his heart. he went from anger to sadness in a second. he didnt realize you were feeling this way. he didnt realize how hurt he made you feel.

'fuck' he got down on his knees and took your head in his hands, 'darling, y/n, please talk to me' you could barely see out of your cloudy eyes, but you Feld your mouth water and your stomach flip, you ran to the bathroom to throw up.

tom was holding your hair back, when all the memories flooded back to you. you remembered the test you took a couple weeks ago, remembered you were going to tell him that you were pregnant tonight, you remembered everything.

'are you okay?' you pushed him away from you, and sat up next to the cabinets on the counter. 'yes, im fine.'

you sat in silence for the next few minutes. tom was sitting against the bathtub, facing you, scared. your eyes were shut, trying to control your breathing. 'im sorry tom.'

'you're sorry? im the one who needs to be sorry y/n, I stepped way out of line sweetheart.' he move to sit next to you, holding your hand. 'did I cause that? you getting sick?'

'no, baby holland did.' you looked over at him, your eyes swollen and your throat dry, but tom still saw you as his beautiful wife. 'baby? holland? as in-' 'im pregnant tom. put the pieces together.'

there was no way he could stop himself from smiling, 'really?! oh this is amazing!' he took you up in his arms and spun you around, 'im going to have a baby, you, we are going to have a child of our own!'

he kissed your face all over, ran his hands through your hair, 'does this mean you forgive me?' he looked you in your eyes, 'yes darling, and I will forgive you every single fucking time! I love you!'

'and I love you.'