friend zoned pt. 2

friend zoned pt. 2

word count: 846

warnings: angst

Peter: y/n, talk to me, its been days. -sent 8:49pm

Peter: c'mon -sent 8:52 pm

Peter: why haven't you been at school -sent 8:56 pm

Peter: y/f/n answer me! -sent 8:58 pm

Peter: this isnt funny anymore y/n -sent 9:02 pm

Peter: ive been doing this for two days -sent 9:05 pm

Peter: two days y/n -sent 9:06 pm

y/n: if you keep texting me like this, it will be two hundred -sent 9:10 pm

Peter: y/n!!!! why haven't you been answering me??? is everything okay?

y/n: yeah, I will be back at school tomorrow. see you then.

Y/n was devastated, to say the least. She didn't talk to anybody. She only came out of her room for food, she wouldn't go to school. She was too heart broken.

When she looked at her phone, she saw her background, it was her and Peter, at the decathlon they got first place in. It hurt too much, she wanted it to be more. She knew their friendship couldn't be ruined. Peter had rose colored glasses on, he didn't see what was right in front of him. Her.

When her phone made a noise, she knew it was Peter. He was wanting to know if she was okay, or telling her about ned walking into a door, or something funny aunt May said. He was the only one who cared enough to text her, see how she was. Her parents just kept walking by her door, not doing anything, or making any effort to see if she was okay. She wasn't.

When she walked into the school, everyone was staring at her. She didn't bother to look in the mirror that morning, she just put on deodorant and changed clothes, to at least try and smell better. But it didn't really work.

She got to her locker, and saw Peter. He looked so handsome. She looked like a dried up fruit. Not good.

"Y/n! you're back!" he pulled her in a hug, spinning her around. Not now, not here, not today. She thought to herself. A panic attack couldn't happen right now.

"Hi Peter." She stated, he pulled back, looking her in the eyes, "It's good to see you." She nodded in response, the bell rang and they both walked to first period together. The whole day she was fighting tears, her breathing was never stable, she was gritting her fists so hard that her palms began to bleed.

It was right after lunch when things went south. She had her free period then, so she was sitting in the corner of the girls bathroom, trying to calm down. She pulled out her phone and texted Peter.

y/n: Peter, can you come here -sent 1:17 pm

Peter: wtf no, im in class, but are you okay? -sent 1:21 pm

y/n: no, im having a panic attack -sent 1:22 pm

Peter: where are you -sent 1: 24 pm

y/n: in the girls bathroom next to mr. hodge -sent 1: 24 pm

Peter: omw -sent 1:25 pm

He was in the bathroom within a matter of minutes. He called out her name, "Y/n? There you are, hey calm down, it's gonna be okay." He took her face in his hands, brushing the tears off of her cheek.

"Please don't cry, I hate to see you cry y/n" He looked in her glassy eyes, sitting next to her, "Do-do you still like liz, Peter?" she looked at him, tears going every which way down her hot red face.

"What?" She faced forward, "Liz, do you still like her?" He let out a tiny little laugh, "No, uh. It's a pretty long story." She was a little bit relived. "You want to know if I have feelings for you, don't you?" He asked, out of pity.

"Yeah. But I know you don't." He shrugged, taking her hand in his. "Why having you been at school y/n?"

"I think about you all the damn time Peter. All the time. I think about how my hand would, and does fit perfectly with yours, I think a-bb-bout what my lips would feel against y-yo-ours, I think about me run-ning m-my fingers through your hair, I think about you. a potential us-s."

"Every time I look at you, I cant breathe." When you look back at him, he presses his soft lips against hers.

They move in sync, perfection. No tongue, just lips, just sweetness. When he pulls away, "I don't know what just happened, but we will get through this. I promise"

"What ever you say Peter."