how long? ☍Charlie Puth /Shawn Mendes

anon said: Yo you should do an imagine where like Charlie cheats on you (like "how long") and then you run yo shawn and he treats you right

a/n: you guys know im a slut for angst...so here we are

requests are open!!

'this...this isnt happening.' you stood in your kitchen, after had just been yelling back and forth between you and Charlie. he came in tipsy, and laughing.

'im sorry y/n! she meant nothing!' he said, 'well, if she didnt mean anything, you shouldn't have slept with her.' you stated, poking a finger at his chest, and looking deep In his eyes. 'I can smell her perfume.'

'how long?' you whispered, tears flowing down your eyes. 'what?' he asked, 'I said how long! how long has this been going on Charles?' he never liked it when you called him Charles. it made him sound...like a boy. he hated it.

'a month.' he muttered, hoping you didn't hear, but of course you did.

you looked down at the kitchen counter, laughing. you should have expected this, you were warned he was like this. a player. 'I...im leaving.' you grabbed your car keys, phone and a random jacket.

Charlie chasing you around your shared flat, 'y/n! please, don't do this! we can work this out!' you turned around, tears threatening to leave your eyes, you shook your head, and got in your car.

you didnt know where you were going, but your hands knew. you soon found yourself at Shawns L.A apartment, knocking on the door.

'this better be fuckin good for 4 a- y/n, what are you doing here?' he said, you just fell into his arms. not caring if you got tears on his bare chest, he didnt care either.

'let it out.' he cooed, rubbing circles on your back. he walked you into his living room, turning on a couple lamps so you cloud see. 'y/n...what happened?' he had his hands on your knees, sitting on the coffee table in front of the couch.

'Charlie..h-he ch-cheated on me.' you sobbed out, you could see Shawns eyes grow dark, his grip on your knees got a little tighter. 'im so sorry y/n.' he whispered. his voice was so calming, so sensitive.

'I don't know what I did, this is my fault.' 'baby don't say that. you are welcome to stay here, as long as you want.' he gave you a tissue and you wiped your face with it. 'thank you Shawn.'

four months later...

'wow...babe you look..wow' Shawn said, the two of you had been invited to the 2018 met gala. this would have been one of the few appearances you two made as a couple.

you knew Charlie would be there, alone. you smirked at the thought. but you knew that revenge wasnt your style. you didnt want to make him miserable, you still had a heart.

'you don't look to bad yourself.' you smiled, tapping his chest. 'you nervous?' he asked, rubbing his hands on your shoulders as you looked in the mirror. 'very much so.' you grinned, and turned around to kiss his knuckles.

'but I will be fine.' he hugged you tightly, 'if he does anything, I will be there. don't worry.' you smile as he kisses the top of your head.

the two of you showed up at the red carpet, fans screaming everywhere, photographers snapping at almost every angle. no matter how many times you went out, you had never gotten used to the flashes and screaming fans.

you had a feeling in your stomach, something was un settling about the situation. you felt people staring at you, I mean. they obviously were, but. this was someone in particular.

you turned to your right, and saw Charlie. he was posing for the camera, smiling. but you knew he saw you. with Shawn. you never talked to him after that night. you didnt feel a reason to.

as you walked up the stairs, you held on to Shawns hand a little tighter. 'you okay?' he leaned down, 'yeah, I just saw him. thats all.' he kissed your forehead and kept walking.

there was about a five minute break for everyone before the main course, so you decided to go fix your makeup. 'hey im gonna go to the bathroom real quick.' you patted his back, 'want me to come with you?' you laughed, 'no, I will be fine.'

you could hear his footsteps in the empty hallway. you knew he was hot on your heels. 'what do you want Charlie?' you spun around, making eye contact with him. 'I want..to talk y/n. you didnt speak to me after you left' 'can you blame me?'

'why didnt you tell me about you and Shawn?' he spat out, as if he deserved to know. 'why didnt you tell me about you cheating on me, for a month!' he closed his mouth shut. tightened his jaw and straightened his posture.

'please..please forgive me y/n. I tried to break it off. I really did!' 'but you didnt. thats the point. and if you would have told me in the first place, we wouldnt be having this conversation. good bye Charlie.'

'y/n wait!' 'no. I said goodbye.'