calum hood blurb #8

you wanted to be wrong. you hoped you were wrong. you prayed with everything in you, that you would be wrong.

you had just got home from your week long conference for work, and when you pulled into your driveway, you had hoped to see your loving fiancé, but you were met with moans of a male and female, and the infamous sounds of a headboard banding against the wall.

you wanted to be wrong.

you didnt watch where you were going, until you ran into a coffee table, knocking over a flower vase, shattering it all over the ground. funny. a visual representation of your heart.

they automatically stopped, and you heard heavy foot steps, and then saw calum standing at the top of the stairs, with messy hair and basketball shorts. his frame went from masculine, to very small in a matter of seconds. "wha-what are you doing here, y/n?" he spat out, "I could ask you the same."

he took a few steps down the stairs, and you took a few backwards. he started to speak, but was cut off by her voice. "hey whats taking so- who is that?" you couldnt bring yourself to look her in the eyes. it hurt too much.

"I used to be his fiancé." you said, your voice quiet. but the house was silent enough that they could hear you. "woah, what? you have a fiancé? cal what the fuck?"

"y/n..." the girl walked back to the bedroom, and calum walked closer to you. "im sorry..." you fiddled with the ring on your finger, "how long?" his breaths were short, he wanted to reach out and touch you, but he knew that he couldnt.

"I asked you how long calum!" you shove your hand sin his chest, "just this week." he says, "Sometimes it's so easy to read people by their little habits. For example, right now, you're lying to me." you say, he knows he has been caught.

"a few months." his voice is quiet. he cant look you in the eyes, he cant touch you, he cant hold you. he knew that he had lost you forever. "was this because I wanted to wait for marriage to have sex with you? was that it?"

his head shoots up to look at you, "baby no!" "really? cause that is what I assume all you were doing. was having sex. I thought, I thought we had something calum. I really did. but it turns out, that meant shit to you."

you heard dainty foot steps walk down the stairs, "wait..." you say, you take the diamond ring off your finger, "buy yourself something pretty with that." you toss it to her, and she looks up at you. she didnt even know you existed. she felt bad. but she knew that she had to walk away. in a way, you could relate to her.

"y/n-" "dont you ever talk to me again."