boy in the bubble ~S.P

sweet pea walked home, if he had his bike he would have rode it, but it was in the shop getting fixed. he crossed the tracks, and made his way towards the trailer park.

he walked by a few people he didnt recognize, but he kept his head low and walking. they called after him, "where ya going tree?" keep walking pea, keep walking. he told himself.

"goin home to ya girl?" he gritted his teeth, "hey Louis I heard he got her pregnant." they laughed at him, "yeah, I bet she isnt even sure that he is the father." he stopped, "what did you just say?"

his heart was pumping. it was a ghoulie, on his territory. "what the hell are you doing here?" another one showed up behind him. "were bored. lets have a little fun, shall we?"

from behind him, he got kicked to the ground. his chest was screaming, his mind was running, he quickly stood up to see who it was. without hesitation,  he threw a left hook to the jaw.

sweet pea got punched in the ribs, the air was suddenly freezing. he put his hands up, he told the ghoulie, "im ready for a fight, princess" he threw his hands at the person in front of him, sending him to the ground.

he stomped on his chest, stepping over him, walking towards the other one, who looked oh so scared. he threw a left hook, but to only have on in return. he knew in the back of his head, he should have just kept walking.

but, sweet pea is set in his ways. he cant just walk away. in his mind, there is always something to fight for. he felt one more punch to the face, and the rest was a blur.

he somehow managed to stumble his way home, and onto his couch. y/n was making something for dinner when he came in. she immediately turned the stove off and ran to his side, "sweet pea.." she said, "tell be what they did to you." this happened too often for her liking.

every week, he had a black eye, or a fresh cut somewhere on his body. he was never completely healed. "you dont wanna know this time." she ran her hands up and down his thighs, "tell me why your entire face and chest is black and blue. or you won't get anything for dinner." he smiled, holding the cold rag to his face.

"it was a couple ghoulies. they just were looking for trouble, thats all. I didnt want them on my territory." he rubbed his thumb over her hand, and she gave him a frowned look. "I dont like it when you come home like this. it scares me."

he knew she didnt like it when he fought. every day pea was walking on eggshells. all it took was one little word, or action so send him over the edge. it was mainly the same people who caused it, one of the bulldogs, or a ghoulie who was making his way through town.

"im sorry y/n...I tried my best to just keep on walking..but they brought up you. and my little girl." he put his hand over your now, slightly bigger tummy. you were just three and a half months pregnant, it wasnt totally obvious, but if you looked hard enough you could tell.

"and thats when you snapped." you sighed, sitting up on the couch next to him, "pea, you dont have to do that every time someone says something. it doesn't bother me, and it shouldn't bother you." you kiss his bruised knuckles, he sighs, stands up, and goes to bed.

he does that alot. shuts down, and away from you.

the next week, he pulled up to school, the bruises had faded and they weren't as tender anymore. the words y/n had said still stuck in his head, it was all he heard through out the day. 'it scares me pea.'

he prayed that he wouldnt get into a fight today. he just kept his guard up, and his head down. other serpents asked if he was okay, and like always he said "yeah, im fine."