ghost boy ~ s mendes

triggers: death, murder, car wreck, this is really dark, so if you dont feel comfortable reading dark things than please dont! 

PSA: I am not condoning ANYONE to choose death, this is just where I went with the story. most of my fics write themselves, so please do not do anything to harm yourself. you are a precious being who is LOVED AND CARED FOR!

Ever since she was little, she always had a friend named Shawn. in her teen years, her parents just thought that he was an internet friend, or one that moved away. her parents just over looked it, a mistake they made.

when she turned eighteen, she was reminded of promise she had made to Shawn, that she would find out how he died. all Shawn remembers from that, horrendous night, its that he remembers he couldn't breathe, that he couldn't see in front of him, his hearing went out, and that was it. that was the end, of Shawns life.

"y/n! are you gonna go to the library today?" He questioned, eagerly. "yes Shawn, calm down!" even though she was supposed to go to school, she decided to pull ferris bueller. "how? Im pretty sure the library closes after school gets out."

he said, disarm crossed over one another, even though he was a ghost, she could tell that Shawn used to be very fit. with the, discolored pink sweatshirt and, what used to be blue jeans, even as a ghost, he was quite attractive.

"honey, are you sure you are okay? your hands are cold, you have an awful fever." she faked a head cold, knowing good and well that it would work. "im fine, i have a test today i need to go." she faked congestion, and saw Shawn standing in the corner, shaking his head, and wearing a grin on his face.

"no, you are just gonna stay home today. i will call the school and let them know you aren't coming." she kissed you on the forehead, and walked out the door. you waited til you heard the front door shut, and two car honks to get up.

"how could she ever believe you?" he laughed out, "she has been falling for that since i was eight. now come on, lets go to the library." she grabbed her phone, wallet and stuffed them in her backpack.

"forgetting something?" he spoke, standing at the edge of the door. she rolled her eyes, jogging back indoors to retrieve the necklace that he was somehow attached too. he got in the car, and she never talked to him when she went anywhere. Afraid that she would look insane. because she was after all, the only person who could see him.

"are you okay? you aren't talking." he asked, looking a little concerned. "yeah, it would just look weird to other people. cause ya know, they cant see you. so to them, im talking to myself." he nodded, that never occurred to him.

they pulled into the library parking lot, and she cautiously walked in. "hi, do you know where i could find old news papers? say from roughly.." she saw Shawn behind her, putting up a three with his right hand and a fist with his left, "thirty years ago?"

the lady sighed, and got up. "i don't know about news papers, but here is a history book of the area, has all of the murders, robberies and such from the last few decades. working on a paper or something?"

"something like that, yeah. Thank you so much." she smiled and sat down, flipping over the pages of the thick book. "do you know what year you died in?" "the summer of eighty six. i remember it, because that day i went to go see ferris buellers day off. our favorite movie."

he smiled, the way he said 'our movie' stood out to her. yes, they did watch it all of the time, but she could tell it meant something. to both of them.

"do you know how you died?" she asked, flipping more pages. Shawn never like to talk, or even think about how he died. he just remembers how he felt, it felt like an agonizing long panic attack. his chest felt like was closing in, his head became light. he couldn't breathe, then he couldn't see, the next thing he knows is hitting the ground.

"sorry im no help." he asks, moving beside her. she finds something, but it could be anything. "nineteen year old died because of gas leak." She read the headline, and looked over at Shawn, who was trying his best to keep it together. "i think thats it."

she read over the article, as quiet as possible. "nineteen year old, rising musician Shawn Mendes, died earlier this week because of a gas leak in his family home. Shawn was home alone when the event occurred, but some speculate that it was in fact a homicide. the police are starting an investigation, and interviewing suspects. Our thoughts are with the family of Shawn Mendes."

she set the book down, and leaned here'd back against the book case. she couldn't believe it, Shawn could have been murdered. "d-do you want to talk to your parents? or your sister?" he snapped his head towards her. Shawn was so sensitive about this topic, he thought he prepared better for this.

"n-no. I don't even know where they are, hell. i don't even know if my parents are still alive. no, it would be too much. besides, were done, yeah? i mean. we found out how i died, and thats what you said you would do. and you did it." he stood up, "lets just go home."

when Shawn got upset, it could be easy to handle, or not good at all. when he got very angry, he could turn over desks, and break windows. she could tell that he was trying his best to not make the bookshelves fall over. "okay, lets go home."

she sat behind the steering wheel, trying to decide wether or not to go back, and find out where his sister is. she was so busy trying her best to concentrate, that she didn't even think to stop at the red light. she didn't hear Shawn yell out for her to stop, she didn't hear the car honking, nothing.

"Shawn..is that-" she stood, across the street. Looking at the scene in front of her. she was hit head on, the cab of her Toyota completely destroyed. "am I?" "you might be." he stepped towards her, "don't look at it. just focus on me, okay?"

she moved her eyes from what was soon to be her life less body, to Shawn. "is this what is feels like? Death?" she asked, not knowing where to put her eyes. "for some people, yeah." he brought her over to the bridge, and sat her down. "i can feel you, my hand isn't going through you." she started to poke at Shawn, amazed at how she could feel him. even though he was dead.
"who's that?" she said, pointing at the person, who seemed to be staring at the both of them. "thats a reaper. They come when you die, or when you are about too." he explained, and the reaper moved closer.

"you have two options. you can die, or. i can pull you out of this situation." y/n started to list the pros and cons of this. she could live, a long life. Or, she could just let go. she turned to Shawn, who she could tell, would be a little happier if she chose to stay with him.

"i don't know Shawn..if i stay here. i can be with you. and i gotta admit, that felt pretty good. getting to actually feel you, but i could live. but with death, there would be no more pain, or suffering. no more worrying, it would just be you and me."

"its your call y/n." he let go other hand, and took a step back. she looked at the scene, and looked back at Shawn, the reaper held out his hand for her to take, and she took it.

she went over to the scene, and heard the flatline of the monitor. "I'm calling it. time of death, ten thirty one." she saw the first responders hang their head, but she turned around to see Shawn, with his hands in the hoodie pocket.

"how do you feel?" he asked, stepping a bit closer. "i feel...different. ya know?" he chuckled, "yeah i do. Ive died before." he laughed, wrapping her arms around his middle. "this feels nice." he silently agreed by nodding his head, "i haven't been hugged in a long time."

1,402