mute ~ R.W

dis for my boi, Ron, (i hope the gif works) and if you ask me, I dont really ship Ron and Hermione, sorry! this is jus a Ron Weasley imagine for anyone who wants it

requests are open!!

word count: 1.3k

for as long as you could remember, you had been mute. you had never learned how to talk, you grew up in an orphanage, then one day, you got a letter and you went to a place called Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry.

and of course, you were shy at start. but you kinda grew out of your shell, but there was one down fall.

you still hadn't learned how to talk.

now, here you are, your sixth year at Hogwarts, and not a single word. you had started humming, which you hand t done before, and you were kinda proud. any normal person would have easily started humming as a child, but you, this is a day for history!

you decided not to go home for Christmas, once you spent your first Christmas at Hogwarts in your fourth year, it was the best thing you had ever experienced.and during that time, you had become a fourth party to Ron, Hermione, and harry.

you were in the library, reading a book you had become fond of, and you kept reading it over and over. you never seemed to get tired of it. it was a muggle book, but you found it very interesting. you hummed as you read the words on the pages, a habit you started, and next to the shelf holding all of the books you sat, flipping the pages and tuning out the rest of the world.

"y/n, is that you?" Hermione chimed, staring down at you. you started to feel blood rushing to your cheeks, "and, are you, humming?" harry continued, you pulled the book up to your face and closed your eyes.

you couldnt help but feel a smile form on your lips, as you stood up to meet their eyes. "how long has this been going on for?" she excitedly asked, her eyes were so wide they looked like as if they were about to pop out of her head.

you shrugged your shoulders and wrote out in the air with your wand, 'for a while now.' Hermione pulled you into a hug, and harry wrapped his arms around the both of you. "this is so amazing y/n!" she cheered, "whats goin on here?" Ron asked, walking by the three of you.

"y/n started humming Ron." harry told his friend, and immediately his face lit up, "oh thats amazing y/n! anyways, uh, have you seen scabbers? I cant find him." you all laughed, "hopefully he won't turn up." Hermione said, and Rons face frowned, "hey! I've never said anything about your little hairball going missing, now have I?"

she rolled her eyes, "no Ron, we haven't seen scabbers." harry responded Ron held on to his jumper a little tighter and started walking around the library whisper yelling his rats name. you three laughed at his actions, but you however, thought it was quite adorable how concerned he was for a rat you hid.

you tapped Hermione on the shoulder, she turned around to see that you were holding Rons pet in your hands. "y/n! are you mad?!" she laughed, you put your finger on your lips, signaling her to keep quiet, she was laughing so loud!

you wrote in the air with your wand, 'you can store alot of things in this robe apparently' you quickly walked back to your dorms with Hermione, where she was still amazed at how you managed to steal the rat.

"how long do you plan on keeping him? hopefully for a while." ginny remarked, sitting on her bed, across from Hermione, you wrote in the air with your wand, 'just a few days. to mess with him.'

you all laughed and talked for hours, until it was finally time to go to sleep. you slept, but you started dream, something you rarely did. you mostly, had dreamless a sleep. when you dreamt, it was mainly before a really big exam, or quidditch game coming up.

but this, came from nowhere.

*dream*

you walk down the spiral staircase, and make you way to the dining hall for dinner. you hold your books close to your chest, for some reason, you felt very, off, today. ever since you woke up, nothing had felt right.

Draco purposely bumped into you, making your books fall to the ground, "watch where your going, y/l/n." he spat, "how about you watch it, Malfoy."

you retorted, and everyone stopped. nobody could believe it, you actually, talked. you had spoken words, for the first time in your life. Malfoy didnt have a comeback, his jaw was to the floor, "y/n, did-you, you talked!" Ron came up and took you in a big hug, everyone around you were whispering, and they started to make their way into the dining hall.

you ran your hands through your hair, still not believing what happened. "I-i talked. I actually did! and im doing it right now!" his eyes lit up, he didnt know what overcame him, but he pulled your face close to his, and put his lips close to yours-

you opened up your eyes, to a dimly lit dorm room, with Hermione walking around like a chicken with their head cut off. "thank merlin, your'e awake!" "we cant-well, Hermione, cant find scabbers."

you grabbed your wand, and wrote out, 'dont worry about it.' you pulled open the drawer to reveal scabbers laying inside. heroine sighed, and fell back onto her bed, brushing the hair out of her face.

the day went about smoothly, but you started to get deja vu. walking down the spiral staircase, getting the same feeling in your stomach, seeing the same faces as in your dream.

Draco bumped into you, causing your books to fall, "watch it, y/l/n." you opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "were you gonna say something?" he says, stepping closer to you.

you both stood there, staring at each other, harry, Hermione, and Ron were standing off to the side, watching the both of you. and Hermione was ready to intervene whenever she needed to.

"I was- g-gonna say. that...your fly is undone. Malfoy."

that. that was the first thing you had spoken, in your entire life. and it was in front of your entire school. everybody was speechless. Malfoy looked down, and in fact, his zipper was down. he blushed so hard, and walked away stomping towards his table.

everyone cheered for you and patted your back as they walked into the dining hall. the three stood in front of you, all smiling at you, "when did-" "how did-" "what?" everyone said, "when did you learn to talk?" "how did you learn to talk?" "again, what?" the repeated, and you picked up your books, and laughed.

"I dont know." "you did it again!" Ron said, munching on his apple. harry and Hermione walked into the dining hall, while you and Ron stood there, not even notice their missing presence.

"you have a beautiful voice, by the way." he said, you looked down at your shoes, smiling. he hooked a finger underneath your chin, and he smiled down at you, "I wish you would have talked smoother-i mean. sooner." you couldnt help but laugh, Ron always did try to impress you, but it never quite worked out.

"yeah, I wish I would have talked smoother too." you kissed his lips, causing him to stumble back a little bit. his lips were so soft, yours fit perfectly with his, his hand travels down to your hip, pulling you a bit closer.

you pulled back, opening your eyes slowly, to see his still closed, as he was still smiling. "here is your rat, by the way."