friendzone. such a lovely place to be ● Peter Parker

requested: yes by a beautiful human shout out to ya :) they said:
Peter Parker x reader where she and Peter are best friends and she has a crush where she gets friend zoned by Peter

pairing: best friend!Peter Parker x reader

word count: 953

warnings: friendzoning?? but sadness and cursing and a tiny bit of angst

a/n: if it is in this font its a thought just fyi

also I appreciate feedback!!

Two years. For two years you have known Peter. And for two years, you've had a crush on him. High school isn't easy, just ask anybody who has been, or is in. But the worst part, and ironically the best part, you got to see Peter nearly every day. Sometimes more if you hung out on the weekends.

But with being best friends with him for almost a year now, things just got harder for you. He would always go to you if he needed anything, and if you needed anything- he would go out of his way to make sure your needs were met.

But seeing him bend over in laughter after you tell a corny joke, made it hard. Seeing his face painted with several shades of embarrassment after you saw him in his Spiderman suit, your stomach was flipped upside down, and made it very hard. Especially after seeing those abs, damn. And when he told you about his crush for Liz, it made everything harder than it already was.

You had to be there for him, though, in gym the two of you overheard liz and her  friends talking about how, she has a crush on Spiderman. Peter practically flipped. The girl who he had a crush on, had a crush on Spiderman.

You had to pretend like your heart wasn't being stepped on and broken into millions of pieces, you had to pretend to be excited for him. But pretending was what you were best at.

It was now Thursday, Peter was sick so he didn't come to school. Which was very rare of him, you decided to sit with MJ for lunch.

"Is something wrong?" MJ asked, "People don't ever sit next to me, are you like. Okay?" You were too busy focusing with trying not to cry, but it was too late. Tears were already falling down your cheeks.

"Oh shit, you aren't okay." with MJ being MJ, she didn't really hug you. But that was fine, you just needed to vent it all out.

"I-i have a crush on P-Peter." she didn't know what to do, neither of you did. The two of you just sat in silence.

"And you are crying over that?" she shakes her head and dips her green apple in peanut butter. 

"You gotta tell him." "What?! I cant do that MJ! he has a crush on Liz!" After realizing what you said, your hand went to cover your mouth, "Oh shit, shit shit, fuck I didn't mean to say that!" 

MJ was laughing so hard, "This is. This is just perfect. Now you have to tell him."

After thinking on what you and her just said, you figured why not? Things cant get any worse than they already are. "Okay. I'll tell him when I go see him after school." You stood up and started walking to class, "Yes girl! Go get yo mans!" MJ yelled after you.

this is a bad idea.

after school, you decided text Peter. What's the worst that could happen?

y/n: hey loser, im on my way over -sent 4:37 pm

Peter: oh yay! its getting boring over here... -sent 4:38 pm

y/n: haha ok, see you in like five minutes -sent 4:38 pm

Peter: !!! -sent 4:39 pm

Once you arrive, you see Peter laying on the couch while watching friends reruns. "Y/n!" "Hey Peter! Wheres May?" He lets out a huff, "She went somewhere, I dunno" You simply nod your head and sit next to him on the couch.

He rests his head in your lap, you feel like you are going to bust. "Do you think Liz would still like Spiderman if she knew it was me?" your heart dropped to the floor, your hands were tangled in his hair, but that was a normal thing for you two. "Honestly Peter, I say it's a lost cause." his eyes darted to you, "Why do you say that?"

"She is a senior Peter, and you're a sophomore. I don't think you should date a senior, honestly. But to answer your question, yes. How could she not have a crush on you Peter? I mean. You care about everyone and everything. You want everybody to be safe and sound. Your heart is too big for your body. And you're such a cute person too. The way your smile makes me smile, the way your laugh makes my heart grow, and when you tell a horrible joke, it's the best. You're the best. So yeah, I think that if she knew that you were Spiderman, she would have a crush on you too."

Peter didn't know how to respond. He didn't know what just came out of your mouth, he was un aware you could say something like that. "Y/n...do you have, feelings for me?"

Your eyes widened, your hand went still, everything tensed up. "Ye-yeah. I do. I have for a while." You somehow found the strength to say that. You didn't know you had that in you.

"I-i don't know how to say this, but. I don't feel the same, im sorry y/n" Now your heart was really shattered. You knew there was no possible way Peter could like you. You're just friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I uh, I gotta go. I have homework." You quickly got up from the couch, Peter stood up with you, you couldn't bare to look him in the eye right now, so he just pulled you into a hug. " love you y/n" " love you too. Peter."

He gave you a tight squeeze, and you returned it. When you got outside his apartment, you texted MJ.

y/n: friend zone. such a lovely place to be. -sent 5:14 pm

MJ: oh man, sorry dude. -sent 5:17 pm.

I think I went over board, oops.