Chapter 2

Because the Jiang family is coming over today to discuss the wedding date, Ruan Yimian's parents have not gone to work in the fields, and his brother Ruan Yiwen has also come back from school on purpose.

After being awakened by a nightmare last night, Ruan Yimian never fell asleep again. Seeing that it was already getting dark, he simply got up and made breakfast.

Ruan's family was small, and the amount of work required was not as much as that of other families. Ruan Yimian was weak and could not do heavy work, but he wanted to contribute to the family, so he took over the cooking job and let his parents work for a day. Can have a warm meal.

A few years ago, the imperial court developed ways to fertilize fields and cultivated sweet potatoes. After these things were popularized among the people, the people's lives became much easier. Shanliu Village was not rich, but everyone in the village had enough to eat. Yes, you can also eat two pieces of meat during the holidays.

The farmers all had a simple breakfast. Ruan Yimian cooked chestnut, bean and porridge, steamed some sweet potatoes, and took out a small bowl of pickled cucumbers. This was a complete meal.

When Lu Caimei got up early in the morning, she saw that her youngest son had already prepared breakfast and was sitting in front of the stove, stunned. She was also a little confused: "Brother Mian, why did you get up so early?"

Ruan Yimian was disturbed by last night's dream. She was still in a daze at the moment. She was afraid that her mother would be worried, so she didn't dare to say anything. She just forced a smile and said, "That big rooster crowed behind me and woke me up." ."

Seeing that his face was pale and his eyes were black and blue, Lu Caimei guessed that he hadn't slept well. She felt a little distressed, but she just thought that her son was remembering that the Jiang family came to discuss the marriage, so she didn't ask any more questions.

When we were having breakfast, we talked about Ruan Yimian's marriage. Ruan Yiwen suggested that his brother not have to avoid it and also meet the Jiang family.

His brother said the same thing in the dream. Ruan Yimian was still a little embarrassed at that time, but this time he calmly agreed.

Ruan Yiwen seemed a little surprised, raised his eyebrows, and looked at his brother a few more times.

The folk customs in Dachu are open, and blind marriages are not popular. After the young people in the village get engaged, they only need not to see each other for a few days before the wedding, and there is no need to deliberately avoid suspicion the rest of the time.

Jiang Qingyao and his parents didn't come over to accept the wedding. This time they were discussing the wedding date, and it was said that Lin and Jiang Qingyao were coming with their matchmakers.

Ruan Yiwen wanted his brother to meet his future mother-in-law in advance. Ruan Yimian nodded. Ruan Dexian and Lu Caimei looked at each other and did not object.

After dinner, Lu Caimei urged her youngest son to catch up on his sleep. Ruan Yimian went back to the room obediently, but did not really fall asleep.

Everything that happened during the meal was exactly the same as in the dream, and Ruan Yimian felt even more uneasy. He pinched himself hard and managed to calm himself down.

Since this nightmare was very likely to be true, he had to make plans early.

In any case, his parents and brothers are innocent and should not be dragged down by him. No matter how weak he is, he cannot let the tragedy happen again.