Chapter 15

Early the next morning, Huo Aowu and Xu Qingshan borrowed the village chief's ox cart in the village and took Ruan Yiwen out.

Ruan Yiwen was going back to the county town to go to school. Huo Aowu and Xu Qingshan went to the town to buy items for house repair and sent him there on the way.

Yesterday, Ruan Dexian also said that he would help repair the house, but Huo Aowu said that they had enough manpower, so that Ruan Dexian did not have to delay things in the crops for him.

He was resolute, so Ruan Dexian had to give up, but he agreed to help make wooden windows for the house, and gave Huo Aowu two pieces of good wood to make beams, so that he didn't have to buy any more.

Huo Aowu agreed.

Lu Caimei originally wanted to help with the cooking, but Xu Qingshan's mother had already taken over the job.

Xu Qingshan's home is close to the Huo family, so it is indeed more convenient for the helpers to eat at his home. Huo Aowu said that he would ask Xu's mother for help when she was too busy, so Lu Caimei had no choice but to agree.

Only Ruan Yimian of the Ruan family was allowed to go over and help.

Originally Huo Aowu refused to let him go, but Ruan Yimian looked at him eagerly, as if he was afraid that he would refuse. For some reason, Huo Aowu just couldn't bear to refuse. He nodded before realizing it. If he wanted to go back on his word, seeing Ruan Yimian's happy face raised, he was reluctant to open his mouth and let him down.

It was convenient to catch the bus by yourself, as there was no need to wait for everyone to gather before setting off. Huo Aowu and Xu Qingshan went out in the morning and came back just after noon.

In addition to the things needed to repair the house and the ingredients for cooking for the helpers these days, he also bought two kilograms of meat and a chicken for the Ruan family, and a box of almond milk puff pastry for Ruan Yimian.

When he came back, Ruan Yimian had just finished drinking the medicine and was drinking water to rinse his mouth with a grimace. He handed over the snack in his hand, and a hint of joy flashed in Ruan Yimian's eyes, and he couldn't help but curl up the corners of his mouth.

The new prescription was not only bitter than the previous one, but also had a muddy smell, which made me feel nauseous. Ruan Yimian drank it for the first time last night. After drinking it, his face wrinkled up, his eyes filled with tears, and he almost cried. Lu Caimei's heart ached, but now the family only had dozens of pennies earned from selling cotton rouge, so she had to save it, and she couldn't buy sweets for her son.

When Ruan Yimian drank the medicine again this morning, he learned a lesson. He drank it without stopping, but in the end he almost choked.

Seeing his drooped eyebrows and lifeless look after drinking the medicine, Ruan Yiwen found it funny and raised his eyebrows and said: "How old is Ruan Yimian! He looked like he was dying after taking some medicine. Aunt Zhou's five-year-old All the milk babies are more promising than you!"

After Ruan Yiwen said this, he was beaten hard by his mother.

Huo Aowu didn't say anything at the time, but he still thought about it when he went to town, and silently bought him almond milk pastry when he came back. Ruan Yimian was extremely moved.

He opened the box eagerly, took a piece of soufflé and put it in his mouth.

I ate snacks just after drinking the medicine. The taste was a bit strange, but Ruan Yimian was still so satisfied that his eyes narrowed.