Chapter 9

After the matter of Mian Rouge was settled, Ruan Yimian and his family were not in a hurry to leave, and chatted with Yu Peilan and the others for a while.

When two mothers get together, they can't help but talk about the problems of their children at home.

Yu Peilan gave birth to three children. The eldest daughter Ruan Yihan got married early, but her man was useless and she did not live well in her husband's family.

Not only her, but also her two brothers' marriages were not going well. Ruan Yiquan is twenty-one and has not yet gotten married. Brother Cheng was about to get engaged last year, but he ruined the marriage with his "arrogant words". How could Yu Peilan not be anxious?

"None of the children in our family have a smooth marriage. I don't know if the Ruan family didn't pick the right place for their ancestral grave, but I'm worried to death!"

"Hey, I've finally thought about it. Whether or not this marriage can work out, it doesn't matter, as long as the children are well. You can also relax, Quanzi and Cheng Ge are both good, and they won't be single. Don't worry!" Lu Caimei comforted.

Because Brother Cheng was arrogant, when looking at someone, he asked too much, "Who will take care of the money in the house from now on?" This scared the gentleman away and was scolded by his mother for half a year. Yu Peilan felt angry when she thought of this, and she couldn't help but give him a lesson.

Now when it comes to his marriage, he is like a quail, shrinking his head and not daring to talk.

But today Ruan Yimian gave him and his mother a few pieces of cotton rouge. He was so happy that he didn't think about those troublesome things.

At this moment, he turned the rouge over and over, then moved closer to Ruan Yimian, staring directly at his face, carefully studying the blush on his face.

Ruan Yimian was frozen by his stare. Seeing this, Yu Peilan wanted to teach her son a lesson: "Ruan Yicheng! Why are you so crazy?!"

*

Ruan Yiquan was going out for business the next afternoon, and Ruan Dexian sent him the hundred pieces of cotton rouge early.

As soon as they sent the person out, the Ruan family began to wait eagerly. The three of them all looked forward to Ruan Yiquan coming back soon to see how the cotton rouge sold.

However, Ruan Yiquan would go out for at least one or two days and as long as four or five days each time. This still had to wait.

The Ruan family didn't worry for long before something big happened in the village and diverted their attention.

——The people who went to the border to join the army in the past few years are coming back! People in the village have been discussing this matter when they go to work in the fields these days.

This news came back from people working in Furong Village.

It is said that the people who joined the army in Furong Village have returned. They said that the border has been relatively peaceful in recent years. There have been few real battles and the soldiers were not seriously injured. People from other villages will come back one after another. .

Everyone who came back from Furong Village this time brought back silver rewards, ranging from a few taels to a few dozen taels! Another person said that he had made a meritorious service and was assigned a job as a yamen servant by the court. He reported to the government as soon as he came back.

Yamen servants have no rank, they are not even minor officials, and they are looked down upon by wealthy people. However, for the farmers in the village, it is already a glamorous job that they can only hope to achieve.