Chapter 25

Three days passed after Lin Qiu came over, and Ruan Yiquan came back from his business trip. However, what he brought back this time was not all good news.

Most of the rouge paste I took out was sold, but the rouge sold was much less, and the business negotiations with the grocery store were not going well.

The shopkeeper of the grocery store was very smart. He first bought five boxes of various pastes from Ruan Yiquan and put them in the shop for trial sale. After seeing that they sold well, he was willing to discuss cooperation with Ruan Yiquan. Although they intend to cooperate, they have put forward some other conditions.

He said that the packaging of rouge and balm was simple and crude. If you wanted to do business with their shop, you could either lower the price by 30% or use wooden boxes from their grocery store to pack the ointment.

It makes sense that the price sold to the grocery store is cheaper than retail, but the price of those rouge creams is not expensive. If it is 30% lower, Ruan Yimian's profit will not be much.

It is even more inappropriate to use a wooden box from a grocery store. The wooden box from the grocery store has the store's logo printed on it. Using this wooden box is equivalent to using Ruan Yimian's things to make a sign for the grocery store.

Ruan Yimian was reluctant. After all, the rouge recipe belonged to Lin Qiu. Lin Qiu had done his best to allow him to use his own recipe to make money. If he continued to use Lin Qiu's things as a sign for others, it would be too much.

But this time, he sold a total of five boxes of comfrey rouge, eight boxes of pomegranate rouge, and seven boxes of osmanthus balm. Most of them were sold in grocery stores. Ruan Yiquan walked around the town selling them for two days, and then sold them again. I went to the village outside to sell for three days and only sold three boxes of pomegranate rouge and two boxes of osmanthus balm.

From this point of view, if you want to do expensive rouge business, you still have to rely on grocery stores.

Ruan Yiquan said that he could talk to the grocery store manager again to see if there was any room for change. Ruan Yimian had no other choice but to hope that his cousin would negotiate a higher price.

Although there were some problems at the grocery store, the rouge and balm sold well, and Ruan Yimian was still very happy.

Not only him, but his parents also breathed a sigh of relief. The raw materials for three expensive plasters cost several hundred yuan. In less than ten days, they recovered the cost and made some profit. This is already good news.

The rouge cream and osmanthus paste were sold for a total of 1,095 cash. Unlike the cotton rouge, all the proceeds received after the sale of these creams were cash, excluding the 100 cash given to Ruan Yiquan and the nearly 500 cash. In terms of raw material money, the net profit was 495 Wen.

Ruan Yimian followed the previous agreement with his parents and took out another fifty coins to give to Huo Aowu.

*

As soon as Huo Aowu arrived at Ruan's house in the afternoon, he saw Ruan Yimian waving to him mysteriously.

He raised the corners of his mouth slightly, and his face softened a lot: "What's the matter, Brother Mian?"

Ruan Yimian opened the wooden box on the table and showed it to him: "Here is fifty cents, earned from selling rouge paste this time. Brother Huo, I can't borrow your money in vain, these are for you!"

Huo Aowu was stunned for a moment, and then he looked away from Ruan Yimian's face and looked at the wooden box: "No, you don't need to share the money you earned with your own craftsmanship with me."