Chapter 14

During the meal, we talked about cotton rouge. When we learned that Ruan Yimian had figured out the rouge recipe on his own and was now making money selling cotton rouge, Ruan Yiwen was very surprised and Huo Aowu was also a little surprised.

Ruan Yiwen had an impatient temper and couldn't get rid of the sand in his eyes. After discussing with his parents, Ruan Yimian decided not to tell him what happened in the dream. They brought up the excuse they had used at Uncle Ruan's house again. Ruan Yiwen didn't seem to believe it, and Huo Aowu couldn't see any thoughts on his face.

Ruan Dexian was afraid that they would find out something wrong, so he changed the subject and asked Huo Aowu about his future plans.

As soon as Huo Aowu arrived at Shanliu Village yesterday, he was stopped and questioned by the villagers for a long time.

After not seeing him for several years, he had a scar on his face and his face became more fierce. Many people in the village were afraid of him, but those older people who had watched him grow up knew that he was not a bad character, but he looked fierce. , naturally you are not afraid of him.

The people who came back the day before had been asked how much money they had brought back, whether they had been assigned errands by the government, and what they planned to do for a living in the future. Huo Aowu was not left behind either.

Huo Aowu was not a flamboyant person. When people asked him how much silver reward he had received, he just said not much. When asked if he had any errands, he shook his head. When asked what he would do for a living in the future, he said he would still make money by hunting as before.

The answer was disappointing. He had no expression when he spoke. The other people who came back from the border looked high-spirited. This way he would not make the villagers whisper behind their backs. Did he not stand out at the border?

Originally, among the people in the village who joined the army, everyone was most optimistic about Huo Aowu. Not only was he tall, but he also knew some boxing and kicking skills. He might be able to please an adult at the border, or he might be like the guy from Furong Village. It's the same as the younger generation, they have made meritorious deeds and been rewarded with errands.

I never thought that Huo Aowu would be empty-handed when he came back. It didn't look like he had taken much money. The rest of the people received the silver reward, and when they came back, they all had big and small bags to buy for their families!

At first it was just a guess, but after questioning, everyone concluded that Huo Aowu was not famous at the border.

The villagers secretly sighed, no wonder everyone came back, but Huo Aowu arrived a day late. It turned out to be because he didn't get much silver reward and was too embarrassed to come back with others, fearing that he would be embarrassed when asked!

Ruan Dexian was working in the fields today when he heard someone talking about this matter, as well as someone who was gloating about others' misfortune and making sarcastic remarks behind his back.

Ruan Dexian actually didn't believe it. Firstly, Huo Aowu was down-to-earth and didn't like to show off. Even if he won a reward, he probably wouldn't publicize it outside. Secondly, when Huo Aowu said yesterday that he would help Ruan Yimian pay for the medicine, his tone was very firm, without any hesitation. If he didn't have much money, he wouldn't speak easily.

Although he knew this in his heart, Huo Aowu was so good to their family, Ruan Dexian couldn't help but worry more about him, so he asked about it during the meal.

Huo Aowu did not deal with the Ruan family as casually as he did with the villagers.

"I still have some money on hand. Even if I don't work in the past few years, I won't be hungry. Hunting is just a temporary livelihood. I have other plans in the future, but I haven't decided yet."