Chapter 31

How did Huo Aowu know this? Jiang Qingyao's scrutinizing eyes fell on Lin Qiu, but the surprise on Lin Qiu's face was no less than his.

"If Mr. Jiang still wants to take the provincial examination properly, he should stay away from Brother Mian and stop coming to pester him." Huo Aowu said coldly.

Jiang Qingyao was in a state of confusion, but he still said stubbornly: "I don't have any grandfather who was imprisoned, so stop talking nonsense!"

"Jiang Hongjie, the prefect of Wenshui Fucheng, was imprisoned in July last year for accepting bribes and forming a clique. His family members were all exiled. Your family escaped because of your father's identity as a concubine, and moved from Wenshui Fucheng to the poor and remote area of Wuyang County. ."

"Your parents have always acted in a public way, and they also had bad relations with others when they were in Wenshui. Your family has lived there for decades, and more people know your details than you think. If you feel that I have slandered you, you can go Report it to me in the Yamen."

Jiang Qingyao's eyes darkened.

Huo Aowu had only been back for a little while, and he was able to find out clearly the situation in his family. This was definitely not something that an ordinary countryman could do.

Either Lin Qiu told him this, or his identity is not simple, and there might be other forces behind it.

Although Huo Aowu was threatening him, he was telling the truth. If their family's affairs were disturbed, it wouldn't be as simple as being exiled.

Jiang Qingyao didn't dare to put his own future or the lives of his parents in the way, but he really couldn't let go of Ruan Yimian, and his hatred for Huo Aowu was extremely strong for a while.

After a battle between heaven and man in his heart, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes again, he became the proud Mr. Jiang again.

"No matter how much you say, it's still empty talk. I won't argue with you over this unfounded matter, but -"

He looked at Huo Aowu and pointedly said: "You don't have to be too proud. I am very sure that Yi Mian and I have been deeply in love and unforgettable in the past six months. What about you? Yi Mian really likes you because he likes you." Are you engaged to be engaged?"

Ruan Yimian's attitude towards him has changed drastically during this period, which is really incomprehensible to him. If he knew his father's life experience and was unwilling to get involved in their muddy water, it would make sense.

Huo Aowu was stunned for a moment, and then looked at Ruan Yimian like a reflex. His face was calm, but there was a trace of expectation in his eyes unconsciously.

But Ruan Yimian opened his lips several times, but in the end he hesitated to speak. After a long while, he said loudly: "Brother Huo and I are naturally in love with each other!"

He spoke forcefully, but his eyes were erratic and he did not dare to look at others. He was obviously feeling guilty.

Jiang Qingyao felt a little comforted by his attempt to conceal himself, and looked at Huo Aowu with a hint of disdain.

Huo Aowu lowered his eyes and said expressionlessly: "It's not your turn to worry about Brother Mian and I."

Jiang Qingyao was angry, but he was not sure whether Huo Aowu had any evidence, so he took a defensive approach and had to take a step back.

"Humph!" He sneered, threw up his sleeves and strode out the door. When he reached the door, he stopped again and said without looking back, "Why don't you follow?"