Chapter 117

Although village school has set off a wave of enthusiasm in the village, some villagers do not agree with Ruan Yimian's proposal and refuse to let his brother and sister go to school together with their boys.

Most of these opponents were villagers with only boys at home.

They do not want their girls and brothers to take up the few seats in the village school, for fear that their own children will not be able to compete for them.

"Everything is of low quality, only reading is good." Everyone respects scholars. With Ruan Yiwen's example in front of us, we feel that the opportunity to study is even more precious.

Such a precious opportunity should be reserved for one's own son.

There are also a small number of villagers who have daughters and brothers at home, but are reluctant to part with money.

Village education also requires discipline and cultivation. Although there are not many, the talents in the village have survived the hard times and they all value money.

Like the clan elders, they also felt that it was useless for their daughter and brother to study and it was a waste of money.

And if you really go to a village school, it's just a trivial matter to do some repairs. Pens, ink, paper, inkstones, and all kinds of books are free of charge? They are all very expensive.

Therefore, even though the village chief made it clear that children over seven and under fourteen years old, regardless of gender, can come to the village to study, there are still some boys and girls who are not able to show up in the school.

Ruan Yimian himself understands the importance of knowledge and very much hopes that all the brothers and sisters in the village will have the opportunity to study and become literate, but he cannot force everyone to agree with him.

Concepts that have been ingrained for many years cannot be changed in a short while.

It has to be done subtly and slowly.

After he came back this time to explain his wife's affairs, he specifically spoke to the village chief.

——Qiu Yi Pavilion has bought a new shop, and will need to hire more boys to help in the shop. The rouge workshop will also need to hire more people to help process the raw materials.

But both places only want brothers and sisters, and priority will be given to those who are literate.

In the future, if Qiuyi Pavilion needs people, this will be the rule.

The village chief nodded: "Brother Mian, Fifth Grandpa understands your painstaking efforts. Don't worry, I will help you tell the people in the village."

He sighed and continued: "After the village school started, those girls and boys who could not come to study were also very greedy. Many of them begged their parents to allow them to come to the village school to try. I saw that some People are already feeling relaxed, and things will definitely get better and better in the future."

Ironically, it was several clan elders who resisted Ruan Yimian's proposal the most.

But now, every young boy and girl of the right age in these tribes' families has been sent to the village to go to school.

On the other hand, those villagers who kept silent and only disapproved in their hearts detained their daughters and brothers at home.

After coming out of the village chief's house, Ruan Yimian went to the rouge workshop again.