Extra 3: Past life 3

The next morning, Brother Cheng and Brother Mu came to Ruan's house as promised and excitedly said that they would take Ruan Yimian to the river to wash clothes.

The river is slippery, so Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian usually don't let Ruan Yimian get close. This little guy is not in good health. If he accidentally fell down, it might just be a little bit of skin damage to an ordinary person, but he would be in trouble.

Ruan Yimian felt sorry for her parents and asked for help with the laundry. Ruan Dexian fetched two basins of water and put them in the yard before going out. Ruan Yimian moved a small bench to sit on and wash. After washing, he just hung the clothes to dry. He couldn't lift the dirty water. Leave his father to come back and deal with it.

Ruan Dexian and Lu Caimei went out early today and forgot about this. Ruan Yimian originally planned to carry water little by little, but when he heard Brother Cheng's invitation, he was immediately moved.

If he can go to the river to wash his clothes in the future, he can save water at home! His father had to go to the public well to fetch water every day after returning from the fields, which was also very hard.

Ruan Yimian made up her mind, packed her clothes, and went out with the wooden basin.

The three little brothers, brave and high-spirited, protected Ruan Yimian in the middle and walked to the river together.

There were no setbacks on the way this time, and the four of them reached the river smoothly.

At this time, the adults were busy with farm work, and there were only half-grown teenagers by the river. Ruan Yimian came back for the first time, and was still a little inexperienced, so he was arranged by Brother Cheng to squat beside a big rock.

He wet his clothes, smeared them with soap, and beat them with a mallet.

Brother Cheng was beside him, doing laundry and talking to Brother Mu and the others, chirping like a happy bird.

Ruan Yimian didn't talk much, but he was infected by such an atmosphere and felt a little excited. He forgot that he was a patient for a moment.

The summer clothes were light and they finished washing them in a short while. When Ruan Yimian picked up the wooden basin and prepared to go home, there was still a smile on his face. He never thought that as soon as he stood up, he went straight down again.

His head was on the stone, and he heard Brother Cheng's scream before closing his eyes. Then his vision went black and he lost consciousness instantly.

Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian were busy weeding when they suddenly heard that their little brother fell unconscious by the river and was sent back to Ruan's house by the villagers. They were both shocked.

He threw down the hoe and ran home crazily. Lu Caimei was so anxious that she lost her mind and fell to the ground. Without waiting for Ruan Dexian to help her, she quickly got up and continued running.

The Ruan family's fields were far away, and they were both sweating profusely when they finally reached home.

When he got home, Ruan Yimian was lying motionless on the bed with his eyes closed, his whole body was dead silent, and there was no color on his face at all. Brother Cheng knelt beside the bed and cried, while Yu Peilan sat on the edge and wiped her tears. There was a circle of people in the room, all with sad expressions.

Lu Caimei collapsed immediately.

"My son!" Her shrill scream made people's hearts tingle, and everyone lowered their heads unbearably.