Chapter 10

Early the next morning, Ruan Yimian and his parents were busy again.

Ruan Dexian still worked in the fields. Lu Caimei did not let her son go out this time and went to the mountains to pick pomegranate flowers by herself. Ruan Yimian stayed at home to boil water, scald the cotton cloth he had exchanged, and clean the tools for making rouge.

The water used at home was fetched by Ruan Dexian from the public well in the village the night before, and it filled two large water tanks.

Because a lot of water was used today, Ruan Yi would be very tired even if he just poured the water from the water tank into the pot in a small bucket.

This body is so useless, Ruan Yimian sighed secretly. He had to carry it several times, each time carrying only half a bucket of water. After finally filling the large pot with water, he was out of breath and a little dizzy.

After fetching water, he sat and rested for a while before he recovered. His desire to save money for medical treatment became more urgent.

After he finished washing and drying the five pieces of cotton cloth, Lu Caimei came back.

This time they plan to make 500 pieces of cotton rouge. It doesn't matter if they can't sell them all at once. Anyway, this thing won't break and it doesn't take up much space.

If Ruan Yiquan only took two or three hundred sheets with him, he would keep the rest at home to avoid having to rush to meet the deadline next time.

It's the flowering season of pomegranate flowers now. If you don't hurry to pick them, the flowers will fall to the ground and rot and become useless.

After Lu Caimei poured the pomegranate flowers out of the bamboo basket, she went back to the mountain.

Last time, one bamboo basket and a small basket of pomegranate flowers made 108 sheets of cotton rouge. This time, to make 500 sheets of cotton rouge, approximately five or six baskets of pomegranate flowers were used. The bamboo basket is larger, I think three baskets are enough.

After Lu Caimei left, Ruan Yimian washed the two baskets of pomegranate flowers with clean water, put them in a bamboo sieve and hung them to dry in the main room.

The weather has been beautiful these days, the sun is strong and the mountain breeze is blowing, so those pieces of cotton cloth will be dry in the afternoon.

When Ruan Yimian was cutting cotton, Lu Caimei also came back. In addition to a basket of pomegranate flowers, I also picked up half a basket of bamboo shoots and wild vegetables. However, she looked sullen and seemed a little unhappy.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Ruan Yimian was a little worried.

"Cao Chunfeng, that talkative woman, went around saying that our family couldn't afford food and went to the mountains to pick pomegranate flowers to eat. She also said that we had picked all the pomegranate flowers in the back mountains and left no way for those who had no land! Today I When I went to dig wild vegetables, I happened to meet Cao Chunfeng and her gangsters. As soon as those people saw me, they asked me with sullen faces, 'You have picked so many pomegranate flowers and still dug wild vegetables. What will the other people in the village do?'"

Lu Caimei was usually unwilling to tell her son such bad things, but this time she seemed to be angry. Without telling Ruan Yimian, she told him in detail what happened on the mountain.

In spring, when wild vegetables grow wildly in the mountains, bracken, shepherd's purse, Chinese toon and everyone's favorite bamboo shoots all grow. Women and husbands in the village, who are not working in the fields, go to the mountains to dig wild vegetables. .