Chapter 76

A few days ago, Xu Qingshan, Yuan Qi, and Yuan Chun came over to pay Huo Aowu New Year greetings. Today, Hao Qiang and the others came over, and Huo Aowu called Xu Qingshan and the others over.

Aunt Zhang and Ye Tao also came together at Ruan Yimian's invitation.

Ye Tao is shy, but hardworking and capable, and manages the Xu family well. After she got married, Aunt Zhang felt much more relaxed.

Because the two families are close and share a well, Ye Tao and Ruan Yimian are considered acquainted.

Ruan Yimian was cooking in the afternoon. Ye Tao and Aunt Zhang rolled up their sleeves and entered the kitchen room. Huo Aowu, who was ready to help, was rushed into the main room to talk to Xu Qingshan and the others.

The three of them worked together, and the efficiency was quite high. They quickly cooked a table of dishes.

Ruan Yimian brought out rice wine and sugar cane juice, and everyone ate, drank, talked and laughed, enjoying themselves during the dinner.

There is a dish of kombu, soybean and pork ribs soup on the table, which is delicious and very popular. This was the first time for everyone to eat kombu, and they were all a little surprised.

"Yu Ji has a signature dish called 'Kombu Bonito Soup'. Is this the kelp used?" Hao Qiang asked curiously.

Ruan Yimian nodded: "Yes, this kombu was given by Yu Ji's people. I heard they said it could be cooked with the ribs, so I tried it today. What do you think?"

"It tastes good." Huo Aowu was the first to praise his young husband.

After he praised, the others also agreed.

"Brother Ruan is so good at cooking. He can cook this soup even better than the cooks outside!"

"This is the first time Brother Ruan has made this dish. He is really talented. Our boss is so lucky!"

Ruan Yimian was a little embarrassed, pursed his lips and smiled.

Yuan Chun asked: "Yuan Qi, is this kelp the goods you brought back from Haining City for Yu Ji?"

"Yes, but it's not just that, there are also some sea fish, shrimps and crabs."

Huo Rong put down his spoon and asked: "I heard that these things are very common in Haining City and they are not expensive. But they have become rare things here. Is it true?"

"Not entirely, it depends on the variety and size. Plate-sized shrimps like those sold by Yu Ji are not common in Haining City, but overall they are still much cheaper than here."

Yuan Chun was thoughtful.

Huo Rong and Yuan Yi stayed in Luojun City for a few days and talked about the scene there with great interest.

"There are many cloth shops in Luojun City, and the streets are full of people doing silk and satin business. Not only are there shops, but there are also vendors setting up stalls. They sell more silk flowers and purse designs than those in Wuyang City."

"The clothes the young lady over there wears are very nice, the colors are bright, and the styles are different from those here."

"The fabrics in Luojun City are more affordable than here. I bought two pieces of cloth for my mother and the others, which only cost more than 500 yuan. They all said it is better than the 300 yuan a piece of fabric in the town."

Xu Qingshan heard this and exclaimed again and again: "It's better to be a bodyguard! You can earn more and have more freedom. You can also go to various places with your brothers and see the scenery outside."