Chapter 57

As soon as it got dark, the team heading to Lantian Town set off. Huo Aowu also drove a donkey cart and went out with them.

The ten horses of the Zhenwu Escort Bureau were all ridden out by the escort master. Fortunately, there were still donkeys and oxen.

There were seven of them, and even if Ruan Yihan and Sister Lian were to be added when they came back, two donkey carts would be enough.

Bandits were also present along the way, but they were all insignificant gangsters. When they encountered a team escorted by bodyguards, they retreated on their own.

This was also the reason why Huo Aowu was willing to relent and let Ruan Yimian make this trip.

Both donkey carts were decorated with the escort flags of the Zhenwu Escort Bureau. Ruan Yimian, Brother Cheng, Ying Dong, and Xu Qingshan sat in the front cart, while the others sat in the back cart. The men took turns driving the carts.

The two brothers Ruan Dexian, Lu Caimei and Yu Peilan sent them to the entrance of the village.

When Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian suddenly learned that Ruan Yimian was going to pick up his cousin, they were a little worried, but in the end they were convinced by their son.

Watching the donkey cart go away, Lu Caimei was filled with emotion. Her little brother, half a year ago, couldn't bear it with his shoulders or lift it with his hands, and cried at every turn. Now I can stand up and make decisions for my cousin who is married far away.

After reaching the official position, Huo Aowu had to part ways with them.

Huo Aowu gave some more instructions, but was teased by Xu Qingshan and the others.

After they separated, Ruan Yimian touched the jade pendant on his chest and looked at the luggage and food that his brother Huo helped him pack, feeling warm in his heart.

The weather in autumn is cool, so it's not as painful as driving in summer, but the road is a bit dusty and bumpy.

It was not advisable to be too conspicuous when going out. Ruan Yimian and Brother Cheng both wore coarse cloth shorts and curtain hats, which were just enough to cover up the dust.

Brother Cheng took great care of Ruan Yimian, sometimes pouring him water and sometimes bringing him snacks. When they got to the resting place, they helped him down and walked around to stretch his muscles. Seeing that Ruan Yimian was a little sleepy, she let him sleep on her shoulder.

Ruan Yimian was a little touched. His cousin who was so scary when he was a child can now take care of people.

In order not to spend the night outside, they didn't get much rest along the way. Fortunately, there were no problems on the road, and no bandits came out to block the way.

Before it got completely dark, they arrived at Lantian Town and Liujia Village.

Brother Cheng had been here before and still remembered the way, so they didn't need to ask anyone for help. They went straight to Liu's house.

The Liu family had closed the door and turned off the lights, and were lying on the bed. When they heard the knock on the door, the rest of them were too lazy to move. Ruan Yihan and Liu Sheng got up and opened the door.

Ruan Yihan has been waiting for her parents to come over these days. Although she knows that her parents will not ignore her, she is still worried and anxious before waiting for them.

She was quite surprised to see Ruan Yimian and Brother Cheng coming, but when she finally arrived at her parents' home, her numb face finally showed some fluctuations.