Chapter 68

Shopkeeper Luo still had a glimmer of hope, hoping that the Zhenwu Escort Bureau would intercept the men returning to Luojun City.

But Hao Qiang and the others have already set out for more than ten days, and they have probably entered Luojun Mountain by now. How can they stop them now?

Shopkeeper Luo went back with a sad face. Huo Aowu and Wu Junhao were in heavier moods than him.

Luo Ji would lose this batch of goods at most, but the lives of the people in their escort agency would be in danger.

According to Shopkeeper Luo, the previous caravans that passed through Luojun Mountain suffered numerous casualties, and no one escaped unscathed.

The bandits were probably forced into a desperate situation by the imperial court and were hoarding supplies. They were preparing to survive in the mountains and forests relying on these stolen goods.

Everything they could use from the caravan's goods had been plundered, and anything they didn't need was burned. In order to prevent the people who had pledged the goods from revealing their whereabouts after they left, they killed them.

If two bodyguards had not fled to Luojun City and asked the government for help, the court would not have known that these bandits had fled to Luojun Mountain.

From Wuyang City to Luojun City, they must pass through Luojun Mountain. It is almost impossible for Hao Qiang and the others to escape this disaster.

Since those gangsters have openly opposed the government, they will definitely not care about the Wu family's background, nor will they be afraid of Huo Aowu's reputation.

Hao Qiang and his companions, including bodyguards and servants, were only sixteen people in total. Even if they were highly skilled in martial arts, it would be difficult for them to fight against hundreds of desperate gangsters.

Moreover, Luo Juncheng was very peaceful before, so the escort team had no precautions, so they were at a disadvantage from the beginning.

This was different from the time in Tai'an Mansion. Even though we were outnumbered and at a disadvantage that time, they were surrounded by villagers. Even thieves are wary, which is fundamentally different from gangsters who are at the end of their rope and have blood on their hands.

Fortunately, although the situation is critical, it is not without any hope.

According to the replies received a few days ago, Hao Qiang and the others should have entered Luojun Mountain not long ago. It would definitely be too late for Huo Aowu to rush over by himself, but he could still help Hao Qiang and the others seek rescue in Luojun City.

The reason why Huo Aowu dared to let Hao Qiang and Xuchang lead the team alone was that, in addition to the places where these two orders passed were relatively stable, there was another reason - there were troops stationed in Luojun City and Haining City, and the reputation of the local officials was also very good. not bad.

The escort bureau obtained the seal from the government. In theory, if the escort corps encounters difficulties, they can seek help from the local government. As for whether the government is willing to take care of it, it is really hard to say.

But if the local commercial tax accounts for the majority of the tax revenue, and the government is capable and attaches great importance to commercial development, it will naturally help so that merchants can do business there with confidence.

Both Luojun City and Haining City meet these two points, and there are precedents for the government to help recover stolen goods.

Huo Aowu guessed that the governments in these two places would not stand idly by when the escort team asked for help.