Chapter 108

As Huo Aowu expected, after arguing with several clan elders for several days, the village chief agreed to Ruan Yimian's request.

They also struggled, but the situation forced them to bow their heads.

Ruan Yimian was "arguing wildly" that he wanted his brothers and sisters to go to school before he would donate money. The village chief's persuasion was ineffective, and he even instigated rebellion. Several clan elders hated him for not fighting.

"Brother Mian doesn't make sense, won't you try to persuade Aowu? He's been running around all year round, he should know the importance!"

"Yes, Aowu usually spoils Brother Mian, but this time it is a major matter related to the future of our village's descendants. He will not let Brother Mian do whatever he wants!"

The village chief felt a little aggrieved: "My eyes are sparkling. People don't even look at me. It's obvious that I'm on the same side as his husband!"

As soon as the village chief said these words, several clan elders fell silent. They also heard that Ruan Yimian was in charge of the Huo family.

The boy from the Huo family is tall and tall, and he looks like he should keep away from strangers. He seems to be a man of his own at home. Who would have thought that he is afraid of his husband?

After a long time, someone finally said, "I thought they were exaggerating when they said Brother Mian was a housekeeper, but unexpectedly, it turned out to be true!"

A clan elder sighed faintly: "Hey, what can we do? It's really outrageous to let my brother and sister come to study together!"

Another clan elder suggested: "Why don't we ask others? Yuan Chun and Ruan Yiquan have also accumulated some wealth, haven't they?"

The people in the village have gradually become richer in the past two years, but to build a village school, it takes two to three hundred taels of silver to build a house, hire a tutor, and purchase school supplies... at least.

For most people, it would be great if they could contribute only one or two taels, but the bulk of the money still depends on a few wealthy households.

Nowadays, the wealthy households in the village include Huo Ruan and his wife, Yuan Chun and Uncle Ruan's family, and the first few families who provided food to Zhenwu Escort Bureau and helped Qiuyi Pavilion...

Several clan elders could no longer trust the village chief. After some discussion, they accompanied him to Yuan's house.

Ruan Yiquan happened to be here too, and the clan elders were delighted that they didn't have to make an extra trip!

After the spring of this year, the Yuan family built a new house, which was very spacious. Yuan Chun and Ruan Yiquan took the village chief and his party to the main room.

After serving tea to the people and chatting with them for a few words, Yuan Chuncai smiled and said, "The village chief and several clan elders are here, are you busy?"

"Ahem, Chunzi, Tsuenzi, you two are both capable and are the leaders of your generation. Isn't the village going to build a village school now? You two must take the lead and contribute to the village school!"

Yuan Chun and Ruan Yiquan also heard about the village school. After the two looked at each other, Ruan Yiquan said: "Of course we can't shirk the village affairs, but I don't know how much other people in the village have donated?"

He smiled naively at the clan elders: "Hey, uncles and uncles, can you tell me a little bit about the situation for my reference?"

"Hey, don't mention it!"