Chapter 42

In the afternoon, the well-drilling master invited by Xu Qingshan came over.

Huo Aowu took them around the yard and chose the location of the well, which was on the side of the yard near the stove house.

The geology here is suitable and the groundwater is abundant. It is not that troublesome to drill, and there is no need to drill too deep. A dozen meters is enough.

A well costs five taels of silver. It is said that construction will start tomorrow and will be completed in three days, just in time to build it before the summer harvest.

After seeing off the well-drilling master, Huo Aowu went to Ruan's house to pick up Ruan Yimian.

Lu Caimei picked half a bamboo basket of vegetables and fruits for them. If Ruan Yimian hadn't stopped her, she would have filled the basket. Ruan Yimian said that she would come here in the next few days and would pick more when there were not enough, so she was willing to give up.

On the way back, several more aunts talked to Ruan Yimian.

"Brother Mian, what do the two people who came to your house today do? I've never seen them before!"

Ruan Yimian smiled brightly: "He is the master who came to dig a well for our family."

After they left, everyone sighed again. The lives of the Huo boy and Brother Mian were getting more and more prosperous, and now they even paid someone to dig a well!

In the afternoon of the day when the well was dug, Ruan Yimian and Huo Ao general Xu Qingshan invited them over for a meal.

Huo Aowu and his brothers had been on the battlefield together, and they had a close friendship. They were very close, and they didn't show much courtesy when they came to the Huo family. They didn't even need to greet Ruan and Huo when they were drinking or eating.

Apart from Xu Qingshan and Yuan Chun, the remaining three people among these five people will also work with Huo Aowu in the future.

They also moved here during the drought. Two of them were from the same hometown as Yuan Chun, named Yuan Yi and Yuan Qi respectively, and the other was named Liu Feng.

The three of them are similar in age. Yuan Yi and Yuan Qi are shorter. Liu Feng is not only tall, but also quite handsome. He is the most compatible with the opposite sex among them.

People in the village generally don't like to get married to outsiders like them. Liu Feng has won the favor of the brothers and sisters in the village with his outstanding appearance and kind personality.

At that time, it was he who Huo Aowu was most wary of. Although he had not yet realized his feelings for Ruan Yimian, he still instinctively did not want the two to have more contact, for fear that Ruan Yimian would be lost in Liu Feng's handsome face.

Later, he realized that Ruan Yimian only had almond milk cakes and little rabbits in his heart, and was not enlightened at all, so Huo Aowu felt relieved.

After Liu Feng and the others came back from the army, like Yuan Chun and Xu Qingshan, they bought some land, but they haven't taken it back yet. During this time, they worked everywhere as part-time workers.

They were not very familiar with Ruan Yimian before, but this time when they came here, Ruan Yimian's attitude was very cordial.

After the escort agency opened, they were the first batch of escorts. Ruan Yimian already valued his brother Huo's friends, and now he pointed out that they would take care of his brother Huo when they were escorts in the future, so he naturally became more cautious.