Chapter 34

When Huo Aowu went out, Ruan Yimian felt a little worried and wanted to go with him. But his brother Huo usually obeyed his words, but this time he was very stubborn. He had been begging pitifully for so long, but Brother Huo didn't show any mercy.

Ruan Yimian puffed up his cheeks, pouted, and returned to the house angrily. He was waiting for Brother Huo to chase him and coax him. Unexpectedly, he went straight to the county seat.

After Huo Aowu left, while making rouge, he muttered to his mother: "Brother Huo doesn't listen to me now!"

Lu Caimei laughed angrily: "Look how spoiled you are by your brother Huo! Jiang Qingyao's father is not a good person. What if he catches you and threatens us? You have finally improved. Don't dare be careless!"

Ruan Yimian muttered in a low voice: "How is it possible in this clear sky? Brother Huo just doesn't treat me as well as before..."

"Men are like this. They don't cherish what they get!" Brother Cheng, who had just entered the door, interjected with a deep look on his face.

Ruan Yimian was stunned for a moment, his face flushed with embarrassment: "Brother Cheng, why are you here?"

"Hehe!" Brother Cheng smiled and seemed to be in a good mood: "Brother Mianmian, aren't you getting married next month? My brother just bought an ox cart, and we are going to drive the ox cart to pick up my eldest sister and come back to eat you. Wedding wine!"

Ruan Yihan's mother-in-law's family is in Lantian Town. Although it is also in Wuyang County, it is far away from Liufang Town to the south and north. Even if you take a bullock cart, the round trip will take two or three days.

The road had to pass through many villages, so Ruan Yiquan asked Ruan Yimian to give him the excess cotton rouge and he would sell it along the way.

The prices in several nearby villages are very high. This time, if we go further, the prices may be better.

After conveying what Ruan Yiquan meant, Brother Cheng talked about something else.

"My brother-in-law and his parents love to bully my eldest sister. This time, I want to destroy their prestige! Let them not dare to bully my eldest sister again in the future!" Brother Cheng clenched his fists with a fighting spirit on his face.

Ruan Yihan is actually not a weakling, but her man is useless. She is alone in her husband's family and can't help but feel angry when facing her powerful and partial parents-in-law and her difficult sister-in-law and brother-in-law.

It was a great joy for his cousin to get married. Ruan Yiquan bought a new ox cart. Not everyone in the village could afford an ox cart. Yu Peilan asked Ruan Yiquan to drive the cart and go there in person. Firstly, he can bring his sister's family over for a wedding banquet, and secondly, it can also strengthen her sister's reputation and let her husband's family know that Ruan Yihan's younger brother is a promising person and that Ruan Yihan has someone to support him.

Although Ruan Yihan's mother-in-law's family is better off than the Ruan family, they don't have a bullock cart at home. They rely on two legs to travel. Every time Ruan Yihan goes back to her parents' home, it takes three to five days just to travel. Later, she gave birth to a child and took her with her. It was inconvenient and uneasy to stay at her husband's house, so she rarely went back to her parents' house, at most two or three times a year.

It is not easy to marry a daughter far away. Yu Peilan asked Ruan Yiquan to pick her up. Lu Caimei agreed, but when she asked Brother Cheng to follow her, Lu Caimei was a little confused.

"Brother Cheng, is your mother willing to let you go?"

Ruan Yimian was also a little worried, and she wrinkled her little face and said with concern: "It's a long way to go. Every time my cousin comes back, she always waits for people who come to Liufang Town to come here together. You and your cousin have to be careful. ah!"