Chapter 28

I went out late today and had a lot to buy. I took a bullock cart when I came back, but it was still a little later than usual.

Ruan Yiwen sold the embroidery and rice, and bought some embroidery thread, shredded silk cloth and raw materials for making rouge cream for Lu Caimei and Ruan Yimian. You can buy or exchange the spices and lamp oil at home from Ruan Yiquan, so there is no need to buy them in town.

The raw materials of the rouge paste are the same as last time, and I didn't buy much. Ruan Yiquan can't sell much, and the grocery store hasn't reached an agreement yet, so just make a dozen boxes of each and have them ready.

Huo Aowu bought some food for Ruan Yimian. He originally wanted to buy a few things as a betrothal gift in advance, but the types of things in the town were less and the styles were a little worse than those in the county. He didn't want to wrong Ruan Yimian, so he planned to spend a few days I'll go to the county town to buy it someday.

Ruan Yimian had already prepared dinner when he got home and was just waiting for them to come back.

At the dinner table, Lu Caimei told everyone about the good days and auspicious days that she had asked about today: "My uncle said that there are two good days that match your horoscope. There are two this year. One day is too late, it is June 16th, and the other one is about to arrive. It's the end of the year."

Ruan Yimian will be eighteen after the Chinese New Year, and Lu Caimei is a little anxious about his marriage.

There was something unexpected in her words: "Although June 16th is a bit rushed, it is an excellent day. The time at the end of the year is quite generous, but it was freezing cold at that time, and it was troublesome to hold happy events. , if you are not satisfied with these two, then you have to wait until next year."

Ruan Yiwen had not yet swallowed a mouthful of food and was about to speak, but before he could speak, his father stopped him: "Let your brother and Ao Wu make their own choices."

Ruan Yimian unconsciously looked at Huo Aowu and met his gaze. Ruan Yimian blushed and lowered his eyes: "Brother Huo, let me choose. I can do it."

Huo Aowu's heart felt as if ants were crawling over it, feeling numb and itchy, but he still tried to maintain composure on his face: "Then June 16th."

Lu Caimei and Ruan Yiwen were very satisfied. One nodded repeatedly, and the other said eagerly: "That's what I mean. You two are not young anymore. Get married sooner, and make me your uncle sooner!"

Ruan Yimian's face turned crimson. He was ashamed and annoyed, and he was so angry that he stepped on his brother hard.

Ruan Dexian also taught him a lesson: "I can't even stop your mouth while eating!"

Ruan Yiwen screamed in pain and closed his mouth sadly.

Lu Caimei slapped her eldest son on the shoulder, covered her mouth and said with a smile: "You have such a mouth, you should be brothers with Brother Cheng!"

"Now that the date has been set, we have to make arrangements early. It's only two months until June 16th, and the relatives at home must also notify them in advance so that they can free up time to drink with our brother Mian. Wedding wine!"

Lu Caimei was beaming with joy after what she said. After dinner, she happily went to Uncle Ruan's house to discuss the matter.

Ruan Dexian took on a new carpentry job. Today he went to the customer's house to take measurements and came back. Now he is sawing wood again.

Ruan Yiwen also took advantage of the fact that it was still dark and picked up a book.

Ruan Yimian went to wash the dishes, but Huo Aowu took the job away from him.