Chapter 38

When Ruan Yimian woke up early the next morning, Huo Aowu was no longer in bed. He looked at the empty bed next to him and felt a little disappointed.

He struggled for a while before falling asleep last night. Even though he had done nothing, Ruan Yimian was still a little tired.

I originally thought I would get up early to make breakfast for Brother Huo today, but it was already getting dark now, and I didn't know if Brother Huo had gone out.

On the first day of marriage, Ruan Yimian was too embarrassed to stay in bed even though there were no parents-in-law at home. He followed the doctor's instructions, woke up in bed, and got out of bed to change clothes.

As soon as he put on his clothes, Huo Aowu pushed open the door and walked in.

"Why don't you sleep a little longer?"

"How can anyone stay in bed on the first day?" Ruan Yimian thought of what happened last night and was a little embarrassed to look at him.

"There are only two of us at home, so we don't follow these rules." Huo Aowu naturally helped him smooth the broken hair around his ears, "You are weak and need more rest and sleep more in the future."

Ruan Yimian blushed and nodded before being led out.

Huo Aowu got up early in the morning and returned all the tables, chairs and benches he had borrowed for the banquet, and also made breakfast. Ruan Yimian became more and more embarrassed. Lu Caimei had told him yesterday that when he became a husband, he had to take care of the family affairs. It was better for him. He slept until midnight on the first day and let Brother Huo do all the work.

"Brother Huo, shall I cook from now on?"

"There is no need to separate it so clearly. Whoever is free can do it." Huo Aowu peeled an egg for him.

Ruan Yimian reciprocated the favor and gave him a piece of courgette with chopsticks.

Huo Aowu cooked half a pot of thick white porridge, mixed in a plate of cucumbers, steamed four eggs and a few sweet potatoes. The dishes are not very complicated, but everything suits Ruan Yi Mian's taste. They are light and refreshing, which is very suitable to eat on this early summer morning.

Ruan Yimian was very satisfied with his meal, and the disappointment he felt in the morning was gone.

After breakfast, Ruan Yimian wanted to ask Brother Huo what his plans were for today, but he was led back to the bedroom again.

Ruan Yimian felt a little scared. It was clear day and night. Wouldn't his brother Huo want to have sex again? He was so lost in thought that he almost tripped over the threshold when he entered. Fortunately, Huo Aowu reacted quickly and grabbed him back.

Ruan Yimian was so panicked that he stammered: "Thank you, thank you, Brother Huo."

"Be careful." Huo Aowu looked at him more closely.

After entering the room, Huo Aowu took out a wooden box from the secret box under the bed and placed it on the table.

"This is the money I have saved over the years. I will keep it at home from now on. If you need it, feel free to take it." Huo Aowu opened the wooden box and showed it to Ruan Yimian.

Ruan Yimian's eyes widened in surprise. There were more than a dozen silver ingots worth ten taels in the wooden box, as well as some broken silver, which added up to seven or eight taels. There were dozens of copper plates, and the bottom one was cushioned. It seemed to be two silver notes. Ruan Yimian peeled off the copper plate on top and carefully took out the banknotes and looked at them. They were both in denomination of fifty taels and were from the county bank.