Chapter 5

Lu Caimei said this mainly to comfort him, and Ruan Yimian knew it, but the "better person" his brother said was not a joke.

Ruan Yiwen had hoped that his younger brother would marry his good brother Huo Aowu in his last life, so this "better person" was probably Huo Aowu.

Huo Aowu was also from Shanliu Village, but he was drafted into the army at the age of eighteen. Ruan Yimian had not seen him for four years.

Huo Aowu's parents passed away one after another when he was thirteen years old. He was the only child in his family. After his parents passed away, he was all alone.

Fortunately, his parents had a good relationship before his death, and his family was a relative of the village chief's family, so no one in the village dared to bully him.

Huo Aowu himself is also very capable. Not only is he tall and long-legged, but he also has brute strength. He also learned the hunting skills from his father ten to ten. He rarely returns empty-handed when he goes hunting in the mountains. He is better than many old hunters in the village. Be awesome.

He can support himself by himself, and his life is no worse than that of others.

Because he has a good relationship with Ruan Yiwen, Ruan Dexian and Lu Caimei also take good care of him.

Hunting in the mountains would easily tear his clothes, and he couldn't do needlework, so Lu Caimei took over the job and helped him take care of his clothes and shoes.

His house was short of a bench or a table, so Ruan Dexian made it for him without him having to ask.

He was also a man who repaid his kindness. Every time he came back from hunting, he would give something to the Ruan family, sometimes it was a pheasant, sometimes it was a wild rabbit.

At that time, everyone in the village was poor, and the Ruan family was no exception. Not only could they not afford meat, but Ruan Yimian was the only one who could fully eat.

Huo Aowu would send prey over every now and then, and Lu Caimei wouldn't shirk it. She would often let Ruan Yiwen call him to her house for dinner.

As long as he doesn't go up the mountain, Huo Aowu eats at least one of his two meals a day at Ruan's house.

These things sent by Huo Aowu have greatly improved the food quality of the Ruan family. Ruan Yimian will be particularly happy every time he sees him, and he will be a little closer to him than others.

Because he has a somewhat fierce appearance and is much taller than his peers, Huo Aowu is not very popular with children. His peers admire him, and those a few years younger than him are afraid of him. Only Ruan Yimian will affectionately call him "brother" when he sees him.

Ruan Yimian was raised a little squeamishly by his parents because of his illness when he was young, and he also had some "extra pity". If Huo Aowu brought a beautiful little rabbit, he wouldn't have the heart to eat it.

His brother disliked him a little because of this, but Huo Aowu kept indulging him. If he caught a beautiful little rabbit, he would bring it back to Ruan Yimian to raise, and he would choose the ugly big rabbits for them to eat.

Later, those little rabbits were secretly sold by his brother to pay for his medicine. Ruan Yimian cried silently for a long time when he found out.

When Huo Aowu saw him crying, he left with a sullen face. Ruan Yimian thought he was angry, but later he found out that his brother Huo had walked for two hours under the scorching sun to buy him soufflés in the town.