Chapter 106

As the Ruan family waited anxiously, as the days passed, Wu Junhao finally returned with Ruan Yiwen.

After arriving in Wuyang County, Ruan Yiwen did not go home directly, but followed Wu Junhao to the Zhenwu Escort Bureau.

Huo Aowu saw that he and Wu Junhao had mixed expressions, and knew that he should have passed the exam, but his score was not as good as Jiang Qingyao's.

Sure enough, Ruan Yiwen sighed: "I passed the exam, but Jiang Qingyao passed Xie Yuan, and I'm just a Jinggui."

"As long as you pass the exam, you still have a chance in the general exam." Now that it was a foregone conclusion, Huo Aowu had no intention of letting him worry about it anymore.

Wu Junhao also said: "Actually, it's pretty good. Not to mention Jinggui, it's just about recruiting people, and there are a lot of people who fail the exam!" Take his second brother for example.

Ruan Yiwen was obviously unconvinced. After Wu Junhao left, he said a few words to Huo Aowu.

"Earlier, Qiao Haoxuan copied my article, sandwiched it with his poems, and showed it to Mr. Qiao. Mr. Qiao first praised a few words, and then said, 'Although the article is good, it is too sharp.' I was I don't take it to heart, I'm going to suffer most from this when I take the provincial examination."

Ruan Yiwen is not making excuses for his failure.

The rural examination is presided over by the academic administration, and he is responsible for the evaluation of the examination questions and answer sheets. Although there is another grader, he still has to make the final decision on the results of the top few.

Personal preferences in academic administration will affect the performance of the students. Otherwise, there would not be so many scholars hoping to get his guidance, spending a lot of money to buy, or even pursue his books.

Ruan Yiwen has always been proud and arrogant. Even if he took advantage of Qiao Haoxuan and got advice from Mr. Qiao, he didn't take it seriously.

Because Qiao Haoxuan said that his father had always been stingy with praise for him, but this time he praised him very highly, saying that the article was "comfortable in both literature and science, and it was meaningful." Ruan Yiwen just thought that the last sentence, "too sharp", was Mr. Qiao's. Afraid of harsh words for his son's arrogance.

Now that I think about it, Qiao Haoxuan's writing style is very different from his. As Qiao Haoxuan's father, Mr. Qiao often gives advice on his knowledge, how could he not be able to tell the difference?

This was clearly a reminder to him.

Ruan Yiwen felt a little regretful, but not very regretful. "States are easy to change, but nature is hard to change." This is his temperament, and his poetry is also accustomed to this style. If he can't change it for a while, he is not willing to change it.

His expression was complicated. Huo Aowu glanced at him and said calmly: "Actually, this is not all bad."

"Oh?" Ruan Yiwen was stunned for a moment and asked doubtfully: "Didn't you just hope that I could win Jiang Qingyao's exam before? Why did you change your tone now?"

"It's a good thing that you can beat him in the provincial examination, but those people in the Jiang family are narrow-minded. If you become too popular and threaten Jiang Qingyao and the Jiang family, they may jump over the wall in a hurry. They can't wait for the imperial examination and the palace examination, so they You take action."

Ruan Yiwen's expression turned serious: "It's really possible."

Huo Aowu: "Jiang Qingyao is slightly better now. They are not so vigilant, but we still have to be careful. In March next year, I will personally escort you to Beijing to take the exam."